Menu icon Foundation
How to create projects with different versions of Foundation

Hi,
I've seen this question posted a variety of ways but hasn't been answered as far as I've found.

I'm currently using Foundation 4 and then installed Foundation 5 for another project.

I'm unable to create a new project using Foundation 4 even if the gems are different.

When I run compass create -r zurb-foundation --using foundation, it returns no framework exists - although I've downloaded them gem for version 4.3.2.

I tried with using Bundler but that didn't work either.

Looking forward to your advise.
Michelle

Foundation 4 and 5 versions

Hi,
I've seen this question posted a variety of ways but hasn't been answered as far as I've found.

I'm currently using Foundation 4 and then installed Foundation 5 for another project.

I'm unable to create a new project using Foundation 4 even if the gems are different.

When I run compass create -r zurb-foundation --using foundation, it returns no framework exists - although I've downloaded them gem for version 4.3.2.

I tried with using Bundler but that didn't work either.

Looking forward to your advise.
Michelle

Wolfgang Stagl over 5 years ago

Hey Michelle,

since i do not use the compass create command for new projects but completely copy the whole foundation project for any site i create i don't have this problem. To productive site i do only export the generated css and delivered js.

just to give an idea.

BR Wolfgang