Menu icon Foundation
Animate Changes Between Interchange Pages

Hello,

I LOVE Foundation 5. In my personal opinion, it beats Bootstrap 3 hands down. The feature that has really sold me is the interchange responsive content. It adds a level of flexibility that is desperately needed. However, I have a challenge with the current approach.

At this time, from my understanding, the interchange responsive content approach works well for pages. However, there is a challenge when it comes to sites. For instance, if I visit www.mysite.com and navigate throughout the app, it works great. However, let's pretend that someone comes to my site directly from Google. In that case, they may come directly to a route like www.mysite.com/blog/page-title. In this scenario, how does one prevent from creating a bunch of layouts.

Is there a way to define how to load a root page that would be responsible for changing the content? Then, I could create animations between the pages as a user navigates throughout the site. It would be cool if there was something like a data-index attribute that would load parent content.

This way someone could visit the site directly from a search engine, preserve their route, and provide rich animations between the content.

Thank you for any feedback or considerations.

interchange

Hello,

I LOVE Foundation 5. In my personal opinion, it beats Bootstrap 3 hands down. The feature that has really sold me is the interchange responsive content. It adds a level of flexibility that is desperately needed. However, I have a challenge with the current approach.

At this time, from my understanding, the interchange responsive content approach works well for pages. However, there is a challenge when it comes to sites. For instance, if I visit www.mysite.com and navigate throughout the app, it works great. However, let's pretend that someone comes to my site directly from Google. In that case, they may come directly to a route like www.mysite.com/blog/page-title. In this scenario, how does one prevent from creating a bunch of layouts.

Is there a way to define how to load a root page that would be responsible for changing the content? Then, I could create animations between the pages as a user navigates throughout the site. It would be cool if there was something like a data-index attribute that would load parent content.

This way someone could visit the site directly from a search engine, preserve their route, and provide rich animations between the content.

Thank you for any feedback or considerations.