Menu icon Foundation
Question updating Foundation with Grunt

I recently installed Foundation SCSS on Windows using Grunt and Libsass and was recently notified of a Foundation update via Rafi Benkual's IFTTT recipe (If you read this Rafi, thanks!). Going to Foundation's page on Github I saw that the file _tabs.scss had a minor update.

I navigated to my project's root directory and ran "foundation update" and watched as bower did its magic. However, when I checked my project directory, I noticed that jQuery and Modernizr were updated but no Foundation files were

In searching this forum for an answer, I ran across a post from several months ago for what what seemed to be a similar issue with version 5.0.2 at http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/1116-how-to-get-latest-latest-version-of-f5 which seemed to suggest that the bower.json file needs to be updated to say that the line

HTML
"dependencies": {
"foundation": "~5.0.2"
}

be updated to change: "~5.0.2" to say "master"

HTML
"foundation": "master"
}

The same post also seemed to say that this requirement will go away with the next release of Foundation.

In looking at my own bower.json file, it doesn't contain any reference to Foundation under dependencies. (Which may, or may not, make sense depending on how you look at it.)

{
"name": "foundation",
"version": "5.2.2",
"main": [
"css/foundation.css",
"js/foundation.js"
],
"jquery": ">= 2.1.0",
"modernizr": ">= 2.7.2",
"fastclick": ">=0.6.11",
"jquery.cookie": "~1.4.0",
"jquery-placeholder": "~2.0.7"
},
"devDependencies": {
"jquery.autocomplete": "devbridge/jQuery-Autocomplete#1.2.9",
"lodash": "~2.4.1"
},
"private": true
}

So my question is... what am I missing? Is there an issue with my bower.json file or perhaps Foundation is only updated when the version number changes?

One last thing... Dreamweaver is telling me there is a syntax error on line 2 "name": "foundation",
It looks pretty straightforward to me but can anyone see an issue?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Tom

updating foundationGrunt

I recently installed Foundation SCSS on Windows using Grunt and Libsass and was recently notified of a Foundation update via Rafi Benkual's IFTTT recipe (If you read this Rafi, thanks!). Going to Foundation's page on Github I saw that the file _tabs.scss had a minor update.

I navigated to my project's root directory and ran "foundation update" and watched as bower did its magic. However, when I checked my project directory, I noticed that jQuery and Modernizr were updated but no Foundation files were

In searching this forum for an answer, I ran across a post from several months ago for what what seemed to be a similar issue with version 5.0.2 at http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/1116-how-to-get-latest-latest-version-of-f5 which seemed to suggest that the bower.json file needs to be updated to say that the line

HTML
"foundation": "~5.0.2"
}

be updated to change: "~5.0.2" to say "master"

HTML
"foundation": "master"
}

The same post also seemed to say that this requirement will go away with the next release of Foundation.

In looking at my own bower.json file, it doesn't contain any reference to Foundation under dependencies. (Which may, or may not, make sense depending on how you look at it.)

{
"name": "foundation",
"version": "5.2.2",
"main": [
"css/foundation.css",
"js/foundation.js"
],
"jquery": ">= 2.1.0",
"modernizr": ">= 2.7.2",
"fastclick": ">=0.6.11",
"jquery.cookie": "~1.4.0",
"jquery-placeholder": "~2.0.7"
},
"devDependencies": {
"jquery.autocomplete": "devbridge/jQuery-Autocomplete#1.2.9",
"lodash": "~2.4.1"
},
"private": true
}

So my question is... what am I missing? Is there an issue with my bower.json file or perhaps Foundation is only updated when the version number changes?

One last thing... Dreamweaver is telling me there is a syntax error on line 2 "name": "foundation",
It looks pretty straightforward to me but can anyone see an issue?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Tom