Menu icon Foundation
Ink email: Trouble with block-grid, need insight!

Hi,
I have used your block-grid template with some customization to match an email concept in order to achieve a responsive design which could work across mobile and in desktop email clients. Technically the right column needs to shift under the first one on smaller screens. I also used your CSS inliner. It works well except for a small problem which is driving me crazy! On my iPhone 4S (v. 7.1.1) in Apple Mail the layout displays a fair amount of padding on the far right instead of the tables extending all the way across the screen. Top header and the following block of tables are affected as well as if they would have a padding on the right. I have set the width to be 100% but it doesn't seem to work. I have changed the background color of table cells in the included code in order to see how the tables are defined too.

http://www.aetna.com/creativeservices/email/healthyapps/HAoffer_test3d_justTables_plain.html

Any, suggestions of why the tables are not expanding and misbehaving with extra padding?
Also is there a real solution for eliminating the blue underlined date and address and phone detection on iOS? I have added the extra wrap span and a tags but it doesn't seem to work much.
Thank you for your feedback in advance.
Attila

inkemailpadding

Hi,
I have used your block-grid template with some customization to match an email concept in order to achieve a responsive design which could work across mobile and in desktop email clients. Technically the right column needs to shift under the first one on smaller screens. I also used your CSS inliner. It works well except for a small problem which is driving me crazy! On my iPhone 4S (v. 7.1.1) in Apple Mail the layout displays a fair amount of padding on the far right instead of the tables extending all the way across the screen. Top header and the following block of tables are affected as well as if they would have a padding on the right. I have set the width to be 100% but it doesn't seem to work. I have changed the background color of table cells in the included code in order to see how the tables are defined too.

http://www.aetna.com/creativeservices/email/healthyapps/HAoffer_test3d_justTables_plain.html

Any, suggestions of why the tables are not expanding and misbehaving with extra padding?
Also is there a real solution for eliminating the blue underlined date and address and phone detection on iOS? I have added the extra wrap span and a tags but it doesn't seem to work much.
Thank you for your feedback in advance.
Attila