Menu icon Foundation
Orbit auto play after clicking deep link

I just integrated Orbit into a Foundation 5 site and overall it works great. The only problem I am having is with deep links.

Once I go to a specific slide with a deep link the slide show stops. Is there a way to keep the slide show animating without having to manually hit the play button again?

deep linkFoundation 5auto playpauseOrbit

I just integrated Orbit into a Foundation 5 site and overall it works great. The only problem I am having is with deep links.

Once I go to a specific slide with a deep link the slide show stops. Is there a way to keep the slide show animating without having to manually hit the play button again?

Eric Morris over 5 years ago

It looks like there isn't an easy way to do that right now, though it could certainly be added in to the code for a future release.

Why are you trying to accomplish this though? Doesn't it defeat the point of navigating to an arbitrary slide if you're going to have it cycle anyways?

Colin Hill over 5 years ago

Hey Eric-

The idea is to move to a specific group of slides within the slide show. For example, the link would take you to the first of four slides that are related. Then rather than have the slide show stop it would continue to cycle so you could view all the slides from that point forward.

However, if it's not built in to the current release it doesn't really matter anyways.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

-C