Menu icon Foundation
Memory problems with iOS and Orbit

The page I'm building is one of those single page websites with lots of vertical scrolling.

I've got 6 orbit carousels on the page, with each carousel containing a mixture of embedded youtube videos and jpegs.

I'm having real problems with the page crashing Safari on iPhone and iPad. Just opening the page on my iPad 2 causes Safari to crash after about 5 seconds of loading.

I've been trying to create a minimum set of markup/javascript to reproduce the problem. I'm pretty sure it's memory related as I remove elements from the DOM the time until Safari crashes increases. Here's an example page:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1785317/orbittcol/tcotheme/index.html

This page doesn't crash iOS on load but if you zoom in and zoom out three/four times, Safari crashes. Always. I'm on iOS 7.1.1.

If I remove more slides from the carousels then it doesn't crash. It doesn't seem to matter which slides I remove.

Has anyone else experienced similar limitations? Any ideas of a solution, other than simply having fewer orbits per page?

iosiphoneipadcrashSafariOrbit

The page I'm building is one of those single page websites with lots of vertical scrolling.

I've got 6 orbit carousels on the page, with each carousel containing a mixture of embedded youtube videos and jpegs.

I'm having real problems with the page crashing Safari on iPhone and iPad. Just opening the page on my iPad 2 causes Safari to crash after about 5 seconds of loading.

I've been trying to create a minimum set of markup/javascript to reproduce the problem. I'm pretty sure it's memory related as I remove elements from the DOM the time until Safari crashes increases. Here's an example page:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1785317/orbittcol/tcotheme/index.html

This page doesn't crash iOS on load but if you zoom in and zoom out three/four times, Safari crashes. Always. I'm on iOS 7.1.1.

If I remove more slides from the carousels then it doesn't crash. It doesn't seem to matter which slides I remove.

Has anyone else experienced similar limitations? Any ideas of a solution, other than simply having fewer orbits per page?

Hareesh Reddy almost 2 years ago

I'm using an iOS 11.2 beta version on assembling the packages on AppValley and TweakBox app I am encountering the very same crashes on Safari during the test. Have you found any solution to it?

meret about 1 year ago

Did u use a mrecorder.com on Android for monitro somebody? Can u tell me how It is work? 

Amber gandotra 23 days ago

We are not facing any issue due to memory, tweakbox is working fine.

Amber gandotra 23 days ago

We are not facing any issue due to memory, tweakbox is working fine.