Menu icon Foundation
Detecting 3G mobile?

I'd like to change what fonts load when the browser is a mobile phone on a slow, 3G network. The site renders fast enough on regular wifi or 4G.

Is there a way to detect this with Modernizr? Interchange?

Thanks in advance.

modernizrinterchange

I'd like to change what fonts load when the browser is a mobile phone on a slow, 3G network. The site renders fast enough on regular wifi or 4G.

Is there a way to detect this with Modernizr? Interchange?

Thanks in advance.

dims over 5 years ago

network detection probably would happen at the platform level. Not sure if the browser or any client side script can do it

IzzieStevens over 1 year ago

A few months back, I was also testing the speed of my 3G cell phone on my laptop when I came across a strange but interesting problem I had a limited 3G connection whenever I tried to connect my laptop there's that pop up with a limited connection timeout. I checked everything & found out that the error was in my Wifi. So ordered the best Network Wireless PCI Card & then it worked fine for me. 

If you ever face a situation like this just go & check the PCI Card immediately. 

Harry Pearson about 1 year ago

The problem happend due to your 3g network speed. Contact to the operator. and IzzieStevens, I was facing the same problem a few days ago. Didn't get any way to fix it. I had 5 years old wifi card on my desktop. Finally, I replaced my wifi card and I ordered TP-Link Archer T6E AC1300 wifi card. I found this wifi card guide is very usefull.

I have found another thread please have a look at this Font-face check from Modernizr