Menu icon Foundation
Modernizr causing conflict with Chrome vertical scrollbar?

Hey all!

I've been having this issue for a little while but haven't seen any other users complain.

When I have modernizr called on the site, it seems to make the vertical scrollbar in chrome not work. I've tested other browsers and it works fine. If I remove modernizr from the header, the issue disappears. Also, I have tried using a CDN version of modernizr to see if it was specific to the ZURB build but had the same issue.

I was just kinda waiting out to see if some updates to the framework would make the issue go away and it hasn't.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure how to diagnose this and it affects all of our pages:

http://ben.edu/

modernizrchrome

Hey all!

I've been having this issue for a little while but haven't seen any other users complain.

When I have modernizr called on the site, it seems to make the vertical scrollbar in chrome not work. I've tested other browsers and it works fine. If I remove modernizr from the header, the issue disappears. Also, I have tried using a CDN version of modernizr to see if it was specific to the ZURB build but had the same issue.

I was just kinda waiting out to see if some updates to the framework would make the issue go away and it hasn't.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not sure how to diagnose this and it affects all of our pages:

http://ben.edu/

Preston McPeak over 5 years ago

Hey, I'm using Chrome and looking at your site, but don't seem to have an issue viewing. You also don't seem to be loading modernizr anyways? Perhaps it could be due to the ordering of when the scripts are loaded? (I'm mostly guessing a this point since I don't have a personal error viewing your site at all).

Lyn over 5 years ago

Hey there,

It works here too in Chrome.
Which version of it are you using ? On which OS ?

Regards,

Lyn.

Andras Taraszovics over 5 years ago

Hey,

We've the same problem on our site. Using the latest version of Chrome for Windows and loading the page from cache causes the scrollbars to be disabled. Loading the page with DevTools open and caching disabled makes the issue go away.

Kevin D. Sherman over 5 years ago

Whoops, didn't even see that there were replies.

I'm still having this issue, newest version of Chrome on Windows. I've had a few other random users on campus tell me they're having this issues as well. Even in an Incognito window, still doesn't work for me. Modernizr is being loaded, I just uploaded the newer version in the Foundation vendor package.

Not really sure how to track this down...