Menu icon Foundation
Using Fire.app with Foundation

I experimented first with Foundation 3, and then wiped that out with Foundation 4, and I've created two pages that seem to work fine in 4. I'm ready to start the real project now, and want to be ready for upgrades to Foundation, so I created a project using Fire.app's ability to create a Zurb-Foundation 4.3.1. project. I would like to use Fire.app to help me work with Foundation's CSS files. I then followed the "Upgrading From Foundation 4" document and the section "Upgrade using our CLI and Compass," installed node.js and bower, and ran "foundation upgrade." Everything seems to have worked, and, after editing my two pages to account for the changes to the location of the css and javascript files, my pages are working in Foundation 5 (BTW, how can I tell I'm using F5? I haven't found a comment in any of the js files as to which version it might be, but the bower.json file says "version": "5.2.2" -- is that the only way to tell?).

Anyway, I think the file structure generated by Fire.app has placed a lot of surplus files in my project folder, and I'm wondering if I can delete them now that I've run your upgrade function. My ~/sites/project_name looks like this:

bower_components
--fastclick
--foundation
--jquery
--jquery.cookie
--jquery-placeholder
--modernizr
javascripts
--foundation
-- ... foundation components
--vendor
-- ... custom.modernizr.js,jquery.js,zepto.js
sass
--_normalize.scss,_settings.scss,app.scss
stylesheets
-- ...app.css
... my files

I suspect I can delete the javascripts, sass and stylesheets folders, but I want to make sure they have no role to play in Foundation 5. Thanks for your help!

fire.app

I experimented first with Foundation 3, and then wiped that out with Foundation 4, and I've created two pages that seem to work fine in 4. I'm ready to start the real project now, and want to be ready for upgrades to Foundation, so I created a project using Fire.app's ability to create a Zurb-Foundation 4.3.1. project. I would like to use Fire.app to help me work with Foundation's CSS files. I then followed the "Upgrading From Foundation 4" document and the section "Upgrade using our CLI and Compass," installed node.js and bower, and ran "foundation upgrade." Everything seems to have worked, and, after editing my two pages to account for the changes to the location of the css and javascript files, my pages are working in Foundation 5 (BTW, how can I tell I'm using F5? I haven't found a comment in any of the js files as to which version it might be, but the bower.json file says "version": "5.2.2" -- is that the only way to tell?).

Anyway, I think the file structure generated by Fire.app has placed a lot of surplus files in my project folder, and I'm wondering if I can delete them now that I've run your upgrade function. My ~/sites/project_name looks like this:

bower_components
--fastclick
--foundation
--jquery
--jquery.cookie
--jquery-placeholder
--modernizr
javascripts
--foundation
-- ... foundation components
--vendor
-- ... custom.modernizr.js,jquery.js,zepto.js
sass
--_normalize.scss,_settings.scss,app.scss
stylesheets
-- ...app.css
... my files

I suspect I can delete the javascripts, sass and stylesheets folders, but I want to make sure they have no role to play in Foundation 5. Thanks for your help!