Menu icon Foundation
Sharepoint 2013 and Reveal JS

Hi

I am trying to use Foundation with SharePoint 2013 on a custom html page that is converted to an xml master by SharePoint. I have been pretty successful so far and recently made the move to Foundation in a test lab.

My problem is with some of the JS plugins. In my previous implementation I was using reveal.js. In Foundation 5 I want to use tabs and have managed to do so by changing the markup from data-tab to data-tab="tab".

That works well and as expected. However, the reveal has stopped working. I am using data-reveal-id="revealModalID". Obviously this markup works differently to the tab markup to target a div, but SharePoint doesn't translate it among the xml. So now I have a choice of using the tabs or reveal but not both. I believe the issue is with targeting a div id elsewhere in the page whilst also loading the correct JS code.

Is there another way to use the reveal plugin in this situation? Perhaps some other markup where I can tell it to use a similar format to data-tab="tab" and at the same time target the modal div?

I appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

Harry

SharepointSharePoint 2013revealjqueryjavascript

Hi

I am trying to use Foundation with SharePoint 2013 on a custom html page that is converted to an xml master by SharePoint. I have been pretty successful so far and recently made the move to Foundation in a test lab.

My problem is with some of the JS plugins. In my previous implementation I was using reveal.js. In Foundation 5 I want to use tabs and have managed to do so by changing the markup from data-tab to data-tab="tab".

That works well and as expected. However, the reveal has stopped working. I am using data-reveal-id="revealModalID". Obviously this markup works differently to the tab markup to target a div, but SharePoint doesn't translate it among the xml. So now I have a choice of using the tabs or reveal but not both. I believe the issue is with targeting a div id elsewhere in the page whilst also loading the correct JS code.

Is there another way to use the reveal plugin in this situation? Perhaps some other markup where I can tell it to use a similar format to data-tab="tab" and at the same time target the modal div?

I appreciate any help and thanks in advance.

Harry

Harry Riyait over 5 years ago

On further reading this looks like a problem with reveal in general in v5. I loaded v4 of foundation.min.js and it worked.

So I suppose the question is what is different withe reveal code in v5? Being a sharepoint master the scripts are referenced in the head and the foundation initialiser along with the rest of my scripts are just before the /html.

I wonder if ripping out the reveal js code out of the v4 file and putting it in the v5 version may be a workaround?