Menu icon Foundation
How to get latest-latest version of F5?

How can I make sure I am running the latest version of Foundation 5 (Grunt Libsass version)?

I did a:
Ivan$ bower update foundation
bower foundation#* cached git://github.com/zurb/bower-foundation.git#5.0.2
bower foundation#* validate 5.0.2 against git://github.com/zurb/bower-foundation.git#*

but when I install a new version of F5 my _settings.scss is not the latest version (the one I install doesn't have setting for the header typography)

The screenshot shows what files are installed

Thanks,
Ivan

Foundation version

Updateversion

How can I make sure I am running the latest version of Foundation 5 (Grunt Libsass version)?

I did a:
Ivan$ bower update foundation
bower foundation#* cached git://github.com/zurb/bower-foundation.git#5.0.2
bower foundation#* validate 5.0.2 against git://github.com/zurb/bower-foundation.git#*

but when I install a new version of F5 my _settings.scss is not the latest version (the one I install doesn't have setting for the header typography)

The screenshot shows what files are installed

Thanks,
Ivan

Foundation version

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Chris almost 6 years ago

The docs say to execute 'foundation update'. Have you tried that?

Ivan Torres almost 6 years ago

Hi Chris,

I try that but still didn't get the latest update, at least not on the _settings.scss file that was still missing the Typography settings, so I end up copy and pasting the file directly.

Thanks for answering,
Ivan

Chris almost 6 years ago

The same here...

Rafi Benkual almost 6 years ago

To get all the latest updates, you need to target update to 'master'. Not all changes have been QA'ed though. That will be available in the upcoming point release in about a week. 5.0.3.

Brandon Arnold almost 6 years ago

I may be wrong, but your _settings.scss file will never be overridden, as that would be disastrous to the changes you've already made. To get the latest settings file you can just go to github and copy/paste the newest text.

Ivan Torres almost 6 years ago

Hi Rafi and Brandon,

Can you confirm what is the best place to make changes?

When I started working with F5 I was creating my own partials under a component folder, example: components/my_partial.scss

Until I saw the reply to this post:
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/784-cant-change-font-color
After reading that I started to make the changes directly on the _settings.scss

Can you confirm what is the best place to make changes on the settings?

I would prefer if I can go back to the method I was using before reading that post.

Also Rafi, when the updates are ready can you show an example on how to update to "master"

Thanks,
Ivan

Chris almost 6 years ago

Hi Ivan,

perhaps you want to check my workflow as mentioned here:
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/1203-issues-creating-a-foundation-5-project

Did you try updating to master branch?

Rafi Benkual almost 6 years ago

First the bower.json file needs to be updated so it'll have something that says something like:
HTML
"dependencies": {
"foundation": "~5.0.2"
}

and you'll update: "~5.0.2" to say "master"
HTML
"dependencies": {
"foundation": "master"
}

and then from the terminal, run:
bower update

_settings.scss is the best place to make changes for all variables.

Ronan over 5 years ago

Do you have a mailing list that i can subscribe to so that i am aware when a new version has been released?

Thanks

Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

Try this IFTTT Recipe: #Email me when ZURB Foundation is updated https://ifttt.com/recipes/169936-email-me-when-zurb-foundation-is-updated

Tom Hogan over 5 years ago

Rafi,

You're a genius! I've had that app on my phone for 10 months now and could never figure out anything useful to do with it.

FInally, a use! Now I don't have to delete it.