Menu icon Foundation
Table Feature Ideas

Hey,

Something I've come across during a few recent client projects is the lack of table features, now I'd firstly point out the reason for using a table is for tabular data nothing more, nothing less.

1. I'd like to see a JS table sorter, you know click on TH and it sorts that column a-z, z-a etc - might be chance to put a good looking one onto the market as well!

2. It would also be nice to see some form of integration with the Crafty Responsive Tables on the Playground (http://zurb.com/playground/responsive-tables) the bane of my life at the moment is finding a nice cart table solution for eCommerce sites and this works quite nicely in some cases.

Just a few thoughts from an avid fan!
Cheers

Suggestionfeature request

Hey,

Something I've come across during a few recent client projects is the lack of table features, now I'd firstly point out the reason for using a table is for tabular data nothing more, nothing less.

1. I'd like to see a JS table sorter, you know click on TH and it sorts that column a-z, z-a etc - might be chance to put a good looking one onto the market as well!

2. It would also be nice to see some form of integration with the Crafty Responsive Tables on the Playground (http://zurb.com/playground/responsive-tables) the bane of my life at the moment is finding a nice cart table solution for eCommerce sites and this works quite nicely in some cases.

Just a few thoughts from an avid fan!
Cheers

Marijke Luttekes over 5 years ago

I came here to look for a JS table sorter (point 1) as well. There are existing solutions outside, but they're either old or ugly (or I haven't found the right one yet)

Integrating a JS table sorter with Foundation gives us a lot of benefits:
* One codebase: no more fiddling with different plugins to see which one works
* Super easy integration: again, no more fiddling with plugins
* All available on GitHub for people to improve on
* The possibility to sort tables in a way that's functional and nicely integrated with Foundation in style, with lower chances of breaking the Foundation Code

As for point 2: looks cool, does seem like one that's going to take some time to integrate perfectly for the masses.