Menu icon Foundation
Is Cssreset needed?

Hi, i am new to foundation. can anyone please tell me if i need to include a cssreset file(like eric myers css reset) in my website made with foundation5?

Also need the answer for modernizr and other files. plz reply. thnx in advance.

Foundationcsscssresetresetmodernizr

Hi, i am new to foundation. can anyone please tell me if i need to include a cssreset file(like eric myers css reset) in my website made with foundation5?

Also need the answer for modernizr and other files. plz reply. thnx in advance.

This post has been closed. No new replies can be added.

Karl Ward over 5 years ago

By default, Foundation has been built with normalize.css in mind ... However, it is very debatable wether reset.css or normalize.css is required to any degree. They were created to equalize element layout differences between browsers, but most new browsers render elements almost identical anyway. Furthermore, Foundation already has extensive styling for elements, so you are basically left with corrections on a few obscure elements that perhaps only have effect in older Explorer versions ...

If you are using SCSS, you can import one of them into your main CSS file without increasing the file size to any degree (after it is minified- and gzipped). I tried disabling normalize css in my project, and cannot see any difference across browsers, although it might have an affect on some old- or obscure browsers.

Modernizr? You need to include modernizr.js yes ...

Varun Chin over 5 years ago

wow, i didnt know anything about normalize.css. found out its better than reset.css! thanx, now i dont have to worry about including any other file.