Menu icon Foundation
Upgrading

Hey guys, can anyone help me with regards to upgrading foundation?

I see that there's a few ways to install it such as using rails, bowers or compass .

Can't I just manually copy the new js/css folders and override my existing foundation folders if I am using a separate custom stylesheet and the defaults are untouched?

What advantages does the "official" installation upgrade offer?

upgradeupgradingversion

Hey guys, can anyone help me with regards to upgrading foundation?

I see that there's a few ways to install it such as using rails, bowers or compass .

Can't I just manually copy the new js/css folders and override my existing foundation folders if I am using a separate custom stylesheet and the defaults are untouched?

What advantages does the "official" installation upgrade offer?

Jordan Gonzales almost 4 years ago

I would say yes - you should be able to simply overwrite the existing foundation files. But if you're in a production environment, it never hurts to make a backup copy just in case.

For my Foundation apps, I manually set everything up so I know where exactly everything is.

Rafi Benkual almost 4 years ago

The CLI we created just makes things easier, installing git and running bower in one operation.

You can manually download the SASS files here https://github.com/zurb/bower-foundation
This is not as efficient.

Very soon, we are releasing some screencasts on the many ways to install Foundation. Stay tuned!

Damian almost 4 years ago

Thanks for the replies, now I understand my upgrade choices better!

Jack Lena about 1 month ago

Special thanks for this amazing post.

Check it out beautiful actress of the mia khalifa nude pics for free.