Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Raymond Wright commented on Raymond Wright's post almost 4 years

Thank you very much. Exactly what I needed.

Raymond Wright commented on Neil Gardose's post almost 5 years

have you updated to Foundation 5.4.4?

foundation doesn't. the compiler is libsass. it compiles the scss to css and so forth. Foundation is compatible with libsass except for the !global. something new in sass 3.4.4. The link i provided from zurb has info on fixing it for users using libsass.

NIck,
He's using F5.4.4 which uses sass 3.4.4. libsass does not support sass 3.4.4 yet. so it will kick those errors, as well as scout, which i'm guessing uses libsass. If the OP is not using libsass/scout then hopefully he replies back with the compiler he is using. but i'm guessing it's libsass/scout.

Raymond Wright commented on Michael Degli-Angeli's post almost 5 years

updating gem sass to 3.4.4 and not using libsass/scout for now will fix it. I am using compass with it right now after I couldn't get scout to stop giving errors. It's a matter of waiting for libsass to include support for sass 3.4.4. I would not recommend removing !global as it may be important for future.

libsass isn't compatible with 3.4.4 yet so scout and libsass will still throw errors for a while, compass works fine after the sass update.

Raymond Wright commented on Mahmood Ahmad's post almost 5 years

I replied to your other post. we should keep the conversation to one post.

Raymond Wright commented on Mahmood Ahmad's post almost 5 years

Are you talking about when the "Contact us" drops down a line? if so you just need to change the break points for the top-bar. Or you can make your font smaller. Someone with more experience can chime in, but i think changing your break point would be an easy fix. Maybe have it switch to the mobile nav a little sooner.

I believe it is because foundation is now using sass 3.4. There is a comment about using libsass with 5.4. i updated sass and then used compass and no errors. i tried taking out the global but then you just get a bunch more errors.

Here is the comment from zurb "Foundation now supports Sass 3.4. Libsass does not have Sass 3.4 support right now. If you are creating a Libsass project, you can use Sass 3.2 still. If you want to dig into the code and make the needed changes, check this out: Sass 3.4 Compatibility".

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Raymond Wright's post almost 4 years

Thank you very much. Exactly what I needed.

You commented on Neil Gardose's post almost 5 years

have you updated to Foundation 5.4.4?

foundation doesn't. the compiler is libsass. it compiles the scss to css and so forth. Foundation is compatible with libsass except for the !global. something new in sass 3.4.4. The link i provided from zurb has info on fixing it for users using libsass.

NIck,
He's using F5.4.4 which uses sass 3.4.4. libsass does not support sass 3.4.4 yet. so it will kick those errors, as well as scout, which i'm guessing uses libsass. If the OP is not using libsass/scout then hopefully he replies back with the compiler he is using. but i'm guessing it's libsass/scout.

You commented on Michael Degli-Angeli's post almost 5 years

updating gem sass to 3.4.4 and not using libsass/scout for now will fix it. I am using compass with it right now after I couldn't get scout to stop giving errors. It's a matter of waiting for libsass to include support for sass 3.4.4. I would not recommend removing !global as it may be important for future.

libsass isn't compatible with 3.4.4 yet so scout and libsass will still throw errors for a while, compass works fine after the sass update.

You commented on Mahmood Ahmad's post almost 5 years

I replied to your other post. we should keep the conversation to one post.

You commented on Mahmood Ahmad's post almost 5 years

Are you talking about when the "Contact us" drops down a line? if so you just need to change the break points for the top-bar. Or you can make your font smaller. Someone with more experience can chime in, but i think changing your break point would be an easy fix. Maybe have it switch to the mobile nav a little sooner.

I believe it is because foundation is now using sass 3.4. There is a comment about using libsass with 5.4. i updated sass and then used compass and no errors. i tried taking out the global but then you just get a bunch more errors.

Here is the comment from zurb "Foundation now supports Sass 3.4. Libsass does not have Sass 3.4 support right now. If you are creating a Libsass project, you can use Sass 3.2 still. If you want to dig into the code and make the needed changes, check this out: Sass 3.4 Compatibility".

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content