Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Denn commented on Denn's post about 5 years

Thanks.

I understand conceptually, Rafi. But the proportional scale on the artist page, which is built essentially the same way (image at top, then content under, then footer for the artist page and still life page, image and then footer for the home page) does not behave that way. On the artist page, the spacing stays the same as the display narrows and everything moves and sizes as we want.

I'm not really seeing the difference between the construction but I see VAST difference in behavior. Any light you can shed on that?

Denn commented on Rafi Benkual's post about 5 years

It would be nice if there were some links to real life examples of using Slick (since that seems to be where you want people to go) or Owl. We are trying to work with it but it has no forum, no faq and the examples are pretty minimal. Also the responsiveness built in seems somewhat at odds with your approach (you using em in media queries, they use pixel breakpoints and no media queries, etc.) When i search "Slick in this forum all I come up with is the post this reply is attached to.

Thanks Adrian. That was absolutely a part of the problem.

Fixing that borked something else but at least we should be able to hunt that down.

Still, odd that just commenting out the css from Slick (style.css) also fixed the problem (since the slick css was loading before the gamache.css and the slick css doesn't seem to have any media query components to it. Still trying to wrap my head around how all the components interact. Has some elements of oop (which I am quite familiar with) but also some contradictions.

Thanks Rafi,

I have posted it there but so far nothing. I'm hoping one or the other thread gets a solution. The oddest thing with this is the "loop" isn't one either. We go from 1, 2,3,4, 5 and then it reverses 5, 4, 3, 2,, 1 rather than coming back around. I've never seen that before in any carousel.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Denn's post about 5 years

Thanks.

I understand conceptually, Rafi. But the proportional scale on the artist page, which is built essentially the same way (image at top, then content under, then footer for the artist page and still life page, image and then footer for the home page) does not behave that way. On the artist page, the spacing stays the same as the display narrows and everything moves and sizes as we want.

I'm not really seeing the difference between the construction but I see VAST difference in behavior. Any light you can shed on that?

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post about 5 years

It would be nice if there were some links to real life examples of using Slick (since that seems to be where you want people to go) or Owl. We are trying to work with it but it has no forum, no faq and the examples are pretty minimal. Also the responsiveness built in seems somewhat at odds with your approach (you using em in media queries, they use pixel breakpoints and no media queries, etc.) When i search "Slick in this forum all I come up with is the post this reply is attached to.

Thanks Adrian. That was absolutely a part of the problem.

Fixing that borked something else but at least we should be able to hunt that down.

Still, odd that just commenting out the css from Slick (style.css) also fixed the problem (since the slick css was loading before the gamache.css and the slick css doesn't seem to have any media query components to it. Still trying to wrap my head around how all the components interact. Has some elements of oop (which I am quite familiar with) but also some contradictions.

Thanks Rafi,

I have posted it there but so far nothing. I'm hoping one or the other thread gets a solution. The oddest thing with this is the "loop" isn't one either. We go from 1, 2,3,4, 5 and then it reverses 5, 4, 3, 2,, 1 rather than coming back around. I've never seen that before in any carousel.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content