Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• Megamenu with F6

By Jan Slusarczyk

megamenumega-menu

I am struggling with a megamenu in foundation 6. I have been using F5 with a megamenu successfully, but I can't wrap my head around the changes in dropdown menus needed to convert them to 100% width in F6. Do you have any examples or hints? Thank you

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual over 3 years ago

My Comments

Jan Slusarczyk commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 3 years

Let me add my 3 cents. I am using Foundation for Sites 5.5 with love and devotion. I felt I was doing good with my modifications and I got everything I wanted from it. I was very excited about F6 as it seemed to solve my biggest gripe with F5, namely the overabundance of not needed classes. I jumped to tests as soon as it was released, and I hit the wall pretty hard. With no migration guide, scarce examples and lacking documentation I got stuck early on. I need a fairly straightforward responsive megamenu (dropdown) and for F5 there was a great university example ideal as a starting point. But I cannot find a working example of a more complicated responsive drop down menu that I could change into a megamenu. Same went for my migration plans - a lot of strange errors caused me to abandon my plans for now and I keep working on F5.5 peeking to the F6 side from time to time. I feel like I can't climb this knowledge curve and it gets me really frustrated.

If I may suggest something - can you share a little more on migration from F5 (there were mentions of a guide of some sorts) and also some more templates/building blocks available for real life situations? F6 seems to me so much more difficult then F5 ever was...

Thank you for your great work and sorry to whine, but you've asked for opinions.

Jan Slusarczyk commented on Ignacio Cruz's post almost 5 years

I am having the same problem. Same versions of sass and compass. Resulting css file is only 47kb on default settings...

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 3 years

Let me add my 3 cents. I am using Foundation for Sites 5.5 with love and devotion. I felt I was doing good with my modifications and I got everything I wanted from it. I was very excited about F6 as it seemed to solve my biggest gripe with F5, namely the overabundance of not needed classes. I jumped to tests as soon as it was released, and I hit the wall pretty hard. With no migration guide, scarce examples and lacking documentation I got stuck early on. I need a fairly straightforward responsive megamenu (dropdown) and for F5 there was a great university example ideal as a starting point. But I cannot find a working example of a more complicated responsive drop down menu that I could change into a megamenu. Same went for my migration plans - a lot of strange errors caused me to abandon my plans for now and I keep working on F5.5 peeking to the F6 side from time to time. I feel like I can't climb this knowledge curve and it gets me really frustrated.

If I may suggest something - can you share a little more on migration from F5 (there were mentions of a guide of some sorts) and also some more templates/building blocks available for real life situations? F6 seems to me so much more difficult then F5 ever was...

Thank you for your great work and sorry to whine, but you've asked for opinions.

You commented on Ignacio Cruz's post almost 5 years

I am having the same problem. Same versions of sass and compass. Resulting css file is only 47kb on default settings...

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content