Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• Laravel 5.3 and end of the road...

By Vladimir

laravelBootstrap

Bootstrap is so heavily integrated now into each Laravel installation that it is almost impossible to "pull it out" without spending hours and hours of precious time to make it work (I still didn't even make it compile scss and js files via Elixir). Beca... (continued)

Last Reply by Vladimir over 2 years ago

• NEW
  • Paralax made responsive

By Vladimir

parallaxinterchange

I am using this example on Building blocks http://zurb.com/building-blocks/parallax-site If I have image defined as a background in class="parallax-background" what is the easiest way to interchange it for mobile/tablet view?

• NEW
  • General question about forum search

By Vladimir

forumproblemsearch

Since I registered on this forum I had problem with a search. Whenever I search for some term and then try to order it by most recent or any other field, search results are being reset. So I have to go to google, use its search arg insite: and then order ... (continued)

Replies
  • Topbar unstack breakpoint

By Vladimir

breakpointmenunavigation

I have a problem with $topbar-unstack-breakpoint setting in my setting.scss file. Right now I am trying to change breakpoint of my menu. Because I have a lots of links in it I wanted to show navigation on medium size like it is on small (hamurg... (continued)

Last Reply by Vladimir about 3 years ago

• NEW
  • How to avoid posts going to spam

By Vladimir

forumnavigationspam

For some time I am getting annoyed by some posts, that I interact with, randomly are flagged as spam which prevents me for answering and reading solutions/questions. How can this be resolved? Another thing, navigation when post have more than 1 page. To ... (continued)

Replies
  • Submenu problems on mobile

By Vladimir

menubugmobile

Officially this is now a bug and I think a big one because even ZURB's documentation has it. Take a look and if you had same problem how did you solve it? I ask because submenu items are now useless on mobile https://github.com/zurb/foundation-sites/issues/8298

Last Reply by Magda Jans about 3 years ago

Replies
  • Image size and vh

By Vladimir

vhimageSizefull height

This is the example I am working as an exercise and as intro to my next project http://zlajo.webfactional.com/ I am currently having 2 problems which I am not able to work out on my self 1) I am trying to get this image (which is planned to be replac... (continued)

Replies
  • Menu logo and parallax

By Vladimir

parallaxmenunavigation

I was wondering how can I achieve this two things when I stumbled upon this web site http://petarjurica.com/ I might be able to recreate logo in navigation but I have no clue how can I get this parallax effect on slider combined with feature that image ... (continued)

Last Reply by Val Ery about 3 years ago

Replies
  • Centered links in menu in F6

By Vladimir

centermenuF6

I am trying to make a basic layout for purpose of learning F6 (even maybe making a Laravel5 + F6 sample project for others to use) so I need a bit of help. I made menu div centered as I did before via CSS but now something is pushing it and not centering... (continued)

My Comments

Vladimir commented on Roger Dean Olden's post over 2 years

@Kiley
This is not complete conversation, some parts are missing. Maybe deleted or something else but this is not complete.
And I don't use Foundation anymore but wanted to be polite and answer your critics.

Vladimir commented on Russel Porosky's post over 2 years

@Emlyn A.
Whatever you say will fall on a deaf ears. No one reads this except us code monkeys :)
Look at their twitter acc and what they post there.
Few days ago they gifted us with 2 templates to start our work. And you guess right, they both failed to display properly on mobile. And those are simple simple simple templates. And do I have to mention that any twit to them that it does not work as expected fall on deaf ears :)

Vladimir commented on Vladimir's post over 2 years

Anyone interested, we found 2 ways of integrating Foundation into Laravel 5.3
Laracast Forum Post

Vladimir commented on Russel Porosky's post over 2 years

Well as I see, you have 2 choices, pay and get things done or don't pay and instead pay for hair transplant.
1) if there were not a laracast forum I will totally abandon Foundation since their SCSS solution and folder layout is so damn hard to integrate into Laravel Elixir. If you compare that to Bootstrap folder layout your hair will fall by itself.
2) no one is reading your/mine complaints :) I was ranting about this forum search option for so long I gave up, because no one from Zurb is reading this anyway
3) I sacrificed so much of my time in writing manuals on how to integrate Foundation SCSS files into Laravel (one of the most talked about and soon to be the No1 framework written in PHP) and no one from Zurb gave 5min time to use those instruction and copy/paste into their article and use it as official manual for Foundation - Laravel integration. So now with new Laravel install we all have one (1) command to make complete auth back-end with, you guess right, Bootstrap integration
4) no one will read this so why do I loose my time writing it anyway???

Vladimir commented on Lucas Fraser's post over 2 years

Sorry but I didn't tried it in Foundation for apps

Vladimir commented on Anina's post almost 3 years

@anina Why is that?

Vladimir commented on Lucas Fraser's post about 3 years

@Lucas OK I will write here since I can not find anything using search on forum (it keeps showing first results from 2 years ... stupid sorting)
1) 

composer create-project --prefer-dist laravel/laravel project
instead project enter name of your project
2) this is optional if you already have gulp skip it 

npm install --global gulp
3)

npm install
4) since bootstrap is installed by default (shame on you Zurb :) ) you need to remove it

npm re bootstrap -sass --save
5) now we install Foundation6 (one step too many Zurb :) ) 

npm install foundation-sites --save
6) if you need motion ui do this step if not skip it 

npm install motion-ui --save
And that is it. You need only to generate key for Laravel

php artisan key:generate
Make sure that 2 folders are writable on server (you have it all under installation part on Laravel website HERE) and you are ready to code. I will post here my gulp file (you can copy/paste it entire I think it will work on your machine without any change)

var elixir = require('laravel-elixir');

/*
|--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| Elixir Asset Management
|
| Elixir provides a clean, fluent API for defining some basic Gulp tasks
| for your Laravel application. By default, we are compiling the Sass
| file for our application, as well as publishing vendor resources.
|
*/

elixir(function(mix) {
// Sass
var options = {
includePaths: [
'node_modules/foundation-sites/scss',
'node_modules/motion-ui/src'
]
};

mix<span class="token punctuation">.</span><span class="token function">sass</span><span class="token punctuation">(</span><span class="token string">'app.scss'</span><span class="token punctuation">,</span> <span class="token keyword">null</span><span class="token punctuation">,</span> options<span class="token punctuation">)</span><span class="token punctuation">;</span>

<span class="token comment" spellcheck="true">// Javascript</span>
<span class="token keyword">var</span> jQuery <span class="token operator">=</span> <span class="token string">'../../../node_modules/jquery/dist/jquery.js'</span><span class="token punctuation">;</span>
<span class="token keyword">var</span> foundation6 <span class="token operator">=</span> <span class="token string">'../../../node_modules/foundation-sites/dist/foundation.js'</span><span class="token punctuation">;</span>

mix<span class="token punctuation">.</span><span class="token function">babel</span><span class="token punctuation">(</span><span class="token punctuation">[</span>
    jQuery<span class="token punctuation">,</span>
    foundation6
<span class="token punctuation">]</span><span class="token punctuation">)</span><span class="token punctuation">;</span>

});
And you can push this on git/bitbucket or wherever you want and git clone for every other project you start from begining.

@Lucas you are using composer and npm?

@Lucas I can explain you (and you can find topic on forum where I did explained how) how to integrate F6 into Laravel (6 simple steps, used composer and npm) and after that only thing left is to run gulp watch. But this is for Laravel, other FW I didn't used.

@Lucas Laravel user for few years. Easy to integrate, easy to work (for me that is)

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Roger Dean Olden's post over 2 years

@Kiley
This is not complete conversation, some parts are missing. Maybe deleted or something else but this is not complete.
And I don't use Foundation anymore but wanted to be polite and answer your critics.

You commented on Russel Porosky's post over 2 years

@Emlyn A.
Whatever you say will fall on a deaf ears. No one reads this except us code monkeys :)
Look at their twitter acc and what they post there.
Few days ago they gifted us with 2 templates to start our work. And you guess right, they both failed to display properly on mobile. And those are simple simple simple templates. And do I have to mention that any twit to them that it does not work as expected fall on deaf ears :)

You commented on Vladimir's post over 2 years

Anyone interested, we found 2 ways of integrating Foundation into Laravel 5.3
Laracast Forum Post

You commented on Russel Porosky's post over 2 years

Well as I see, you have 2 choices, pay and get things done or don't pay and instead pay for hair transplant.
1) if there were not a laracast forum I will totally abandon Foundation since their SCSS solution and folder layout is so damn hard to integrate into Laravel Elixir. If you compare that to Bootstrap folder layout your hair will fall by itself.
2) no one is reading your/mine complaints :) I was ranting about this forum search option for so long I gave up, because no one from Zurb is reading this anyway
3) I sacrificed so much of my time in writing manuals on how to integrate Foundation SCSS files into Laravel (one of the most talked about and soon to be the No1 framework written in PHP) and no one from Zurb gave 5min time to use those instruction and copy/paste into their article and use it as official manual for Foundation - Laravel integration. So now with new Laravel install we all have one (1) command to make complete auth back-end with, you guess right, Bootstrap integration
4) no one will read this so why do I loose my time writing it anyway???

You commented on Lucas Fraser's post over 2 years

Sorry but I didn't tried it in Foundation for apps

You commented on Anina's post almost 3 years

@anina Why is that?

You commented on Lucas Fraser's post about 3 years

@Lucas OK I will write here since I can not find anything using search on forum (it keeps showing first results from 2 years ... stupid sorting)
1) 

composer create-project --prefer-dist laravel/laravel project
instead project enter name of your project
2) this is optional if you already have gulp skip it 

npm install --global gulp
3)

npm install
4) since bootstrap is installed by default (shame on you Zurb :) ) you need to remove it

npm re bootstrap -sass --save
5) now we install Foundation6 (one step too many Zurb :) ) 

npm install foundation-sites --save
6) if you need motion ui do this step if not skip it 

npm install motion-ui --save
And that is it. You need only to generate key for Laravel

php artisan key:generate
Make sure that 2 folders are writable on server (you have it all under installation part on Laravel website HERE) and you are ready to code. I will post here my gulp file (you can copy/paste it entire I think it will work on your machine without any change)

var elixir = require('laravel-elixir');

/*
| Elixir Asset Management
|
| Elixir provides a clean, fluent API for defining some basic Gulp tasks
| for your Laravel application. By default, we are compiling the Sass
| file for our application, as well as publishing vendor resources.
|
*/

elixir(function(mix) {
// Sass
var options = {
includePaths: [
'node_modules/foundation-sites/scss',
'node_modules/motion-ui/src'
]
};

mix<span class="token punctuation">.</span><span class="token function">sass</span><span class="token punctuation">(</span><span class="token string">'app.scss'</span><span class="token punctuation">,</span> <span class="token keyword">null</span><span class="token punctuation">,</span> options<span class="token punctuation">)</span><span class="token punctuation">;</span>

<span class="token comment" spellcheck="true">// Javascript</span>
<span class="token keyword">var</span> jQuery <span class="token operator">=</span> <span class="token string">'../../../node_modules/jquery/dist/jquery.js'</span><span class="token punctuation">;</span>
<span class="token keyword">var</span> foundation6 <span class="token operator">=</span> <span class="token string">'../../../node_modules/foundation-sites/dist/foundation.js'</span><span class="token punctuation">;</span>

mix<span class="token punctuation">.</span><span class="token function">babel</span><span class="token punctuation">(</span><span class="token punctuation">[</span>
    jQuery<span class="token punctuation">,</span>
    foundation6
<span class="token punctuation">]</span><span class="token punctuation">)</span><span class="token punctuation">;</span>

});
And you can push this on git/bitbucket or wherever you want and git clone for every other project you start from begining.

@Lucas you are using composer and npm?

@Lucas I can explain you (and you can find topic on forum where I did explained how) how to integrate F6 into Laravel (6 simple steps, used composer and npm) and after that only thing left is to run gulp watch. But this is for Laravel, other FW I didn't used.

@Lucas Laravel user for few years. Easy to integrate, easy to work (for me that is)

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content