Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Baton Rouge, LA

My Posts

Replies
  • F6.3 Cards Styling Missing?

By Jay Todtenbier

f6.3card

I copied the example code verbatim from the documentation. There does not appear to be any card-related css being applied. For example there are no background colors, padding or dividing lines. However, the responsive menu and grid appear to be working co... (continued)

Last Reply by Guy Van Bael about 1 year ago

My Comments

Jay Todtenbier commented on Jay Todtenbier's post 3 months

Thank you Val.

Jay Todtenbier commented on Jay Todtenbier's post 4 months

Thanks for the link. Looked at it but I'm in over my head trying to understand command line problems. I don't want to risk doing something stupid that affects other apps on the computer. Does anyone know if Zurb has a phone number I can call for support? I'm willing to pay for the support. Need to get this project started and we're stuck not able to get any further. 

Jay Todtenbier commented on Jay Todtenbier's post 4 months

I have a large code investment into Foundation 5 for our core e-commerce subsystem that would not be profitable to rewrite for 6 since so many things changed that would affect the code. As far as I know all of the required modules are installed for the CLI because the last Version 5 new project I created 3-4 months ago worked with Sass.
Would anyone be willing to do a screenshare and talk me through the error messages I'm getting? I will pay for your time if you can get this working correctly.

Jay Todtenbier commented on Jay Todtenbier's post over 1 year

@charles see the fix that @rafi posted. It has a js file you add to all pages that use tabs. Works fine. Back browse reverses you through each tab selected then to previous page.

@Knight - sounds like you've got some experience and are doing some great things with v6. Would you consider creating some video training or hosting a webinar to teach others how to use these advanced tools and techniques? I for one would be interested and even open to making a reasonable donation for access to some video training. 

Can someone from Zurb share their thoughts on this conversation? Some of us made significant investments into large projects where we chose the Foundation framework. So far, my experience with version 6 has been very challenging at best. I appreciate that 6 has some new features and is faster and lighter but we can't throw away our investments in V5 and recode- especially when we have to figure it out on our own and are getting little help on the issues we are running into in v6.
Could there not be an option for v6 that is backward compatible to v5? What will future upgrades look like? Will we have to redo a v6 project to use v7 when that happens? When will v5 be retired forcing users to get to at least v6? These are real business issues that need to be considered for those who have large or complex mission-critical income producing projects.
I evaluated Twitter Bootstrap and Foundation 5 when looking for a responsive framework and chose Foundation 5. It is a great framework and I like some of the features of v6. I am finding it very hard though to get support for v6 and am concerned about making further investments into this framework due to recent support issues and potentially upgrade issues if we are to expect this in future releases. 
There is probably a lot I don't know or understand but that is kind of the point. Documentation and support go a long ways to help us make informed decisions. What say you Zurb?

This appears to be a bug from Foundation 6.0.3 (resolved in current release) which Yetti seems to be currently installing (at least as of 5/30/16) rather than the current Foundation 6.3.x version.

This appears to be a bug from Foundation 6.0.3 (resolved in current release) which Yetti seems to be currently installing (at least as of 5/30/16) rather than the current Foundation 6.3.x version.

I updated the Foundation code to a more current version, which has resolved several bugs, however I was not able to do that through Yetti. I used the "Download Everything" option from the Foundation 6 page:
http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/download.html/
The css and js folders are structured differently so had to change the paths for loading the appropriate resources into each page <head> and the js before the </body>.
However, I've lost the ability to use Sass which is very important to this project. I am not able to use the command line tools to install or update a Foundation 6 project configured with Sass due to the numerous error messages I get on the command line that I do not understand. My understanding is that Yetti was created to remove the complexity of that for those of us who need an easier solution to configure Sass for Foundation.

I was not able to use Yetti to get to a more recent version of Foundation; however, I was able to update to the current version using the basic css and js without the Sass. This did resolve the Sticky problem. I hope to be able to use Sass so have opened a different Forum request to see if Yetti can install a current version of the code instead of 6.0.3. Thank you Brett for catching the version issue.

Posts Followed

• By Jay Todtenbier

I downloaded and installed the Foundation complete package (Mac OSX) and am trying to preview the index.html that is included with the download to see if things are working correctly. The page looks like the HTML markup only without the css being applied.... (continued)

Last Reply by Kevo Thomson over 3 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Jay Todtenbier's post 3 months

Thank you Val.

You commented on Jay Todtenbier's post 4 months

Thanks for the link. Looked at it but I'm in over my head trying to understand command line problems. I don't want to risk doing something stupid that affects other apps on the computer. Does anyone know if Zurb has a phone number I can call for support? I'm willing to pay for the support. Need to get this project started and we're stuck not able to get any further. 

You commented on Jay Todtenbier's post 4 months

I have a large code investment into Foundation 5 for our core e-commerce subsystem that would not be profitable to rewrite for 6 since so many things changed that would affect the code. As far as I know all of the required modules are installed for the CLI because the last Version 5 new project I created 3-4 months ago worked with Sass.
Would anyone be willing to do a screenshare and talk me through the error messages I'm getting? I will pay for your time if you can get this working correctly.

You commented on Jay Todtenbier's post over 1 year

@charles see the fix that @rafi posted. It has a js file you add to all pages that use tabs. Works fine. Back browse reverses you through each tab selected then to previous page.

@Knight - sounds like you've got some experience and are doing some great things with v6. Would you consider creating some video training or hosting a webinar to teach others how to use these advanced tools and techniques? I for one would be interested and even open to making a reasonable donation for access to some video training. 

Can someone from Zurb share their thoughts on this conversation? Some of us made significant investments into large projects where we chose the Foundation framework. So far, my experience with version 6 has been very challenging at best. I appreciate that 6 has some new features and is faster and lighter but we can't throw away our investments in V5 and recode- especially when we have to figure it out on our own and are getting little help on the issues we are running into in v6.
Could there not be an option for v6 that is backward compatible to v5? What will future upgrades look like? Will we have to redo a v6 project to use v7 when that happens? When will v5 be retired forcing users to get to at least v6? These are real business issues that need to be considered for those who have large or complex mission-critical income producing projects.
I evaluated Twitter Bootstrap and Foundation 5 when looking for a responsive framework and chose Foundation 5. It is a great framework and I like some of the features of v6. I am finding it very hard though to get support for v6 and am concerned about making further investments into this framework due to recent support issues and potentially upgrade issues if we are to expect this in future releases. 
There is probably a lot I don't know or understand but that is kind of the point. Documentation and support go a long ways to help us make informed decisions. What say you Zurb?

I updated the Foundation code to a more current version, which has resolved several bugs, however I was not able to do that through Yetti. I used the "Download Everything" option from the Foundation 6 page:
http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/download.html/
The css and js folders are structured differently so had to change the paths for loading the appropriate resources into each page <head> and the js before the </body>.
However, I've lost the ability to use Sass which is very important to this project. I am not able to use the command line tools to install or update a Foundation 6 project configured with Sass due to the numerous error messages I get on the command line that I do not understand. My understanding is that Yetti was created to remove the complexity of that for those of us who need an easier solution to configure Sass for Foundation.

I was not able to use Yetti to get to a more recent version of Foundation; however, I was able to update to the current version using the basic css and js without the Sass. This did resolve the Sticky problem. I hope to be able to use Sass so have opened a different Forum request to see if Yetti can install a current version of the code instead of 6.0.3. Thank you Brett for catching the version issue.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers