Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Kirsten Cassidy commented on Asif's post over 5 years

Part of the problem is that the element that go from display: none to display: block. This from MDN:

Care should also be taken when using a transition immediately after adding the element to the DOM using .appendChild() or removing its display: none; property. This is seen as if the initial state had never occurred and the element was always in its final state. The easy way to overcome this limitation is to apply a window.setTimeout() of a handful of milliseconds before changing the CSS property you intend to transition to.

Kirsten Cassidy commented on Luca Spanò's post over 5 years

I ran into this too. Srcset with the picturefill 2 polyfill might be a good solution. The advantage is that the other sizes are not even served unless needed. Here is an article about it : http://martinwolf.org/2014/05/07/the-new-srcset-and-sizes-explained/

Kirsten Cassidy commented on Kirsten Cassidy's post almost 6 years

That makes sense. I was thinking perhaps the link could go to a link and the arrow open the dropdown but that might be complicating things. Thanks for your response Shreekar.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Asif's post over 5 years

Part of the problem is that the element that go from display: none to display: block. This from MDN:

Care should also be taken when using a transition immediately after adding the element to the DOM using .appendChild() or removing its display: none; property. This is seen as if the initial state had never occurred and the element was always in its final state. The easy way to overcome this limitation is to apply a window.setTimeout() of a handful of milliseconds before changing the CSS property you intend to transition to.

You commented on Luca Spanò's post over 5 years

I ran into this too. Srcset with the picturefill 2 polyfill might be a good solution. The advantage is that the other sizes are not even served unless needed. Here is an article about it : http://martinwolf.org/2014/05/07/the-new-srcset-and-sizes-explained/

You commented on Kirsten Cassidy's post almost 6 years

That makes sense. I was thinking perhaps the link could go to a link and the arrow open the dropdown but that might be complicating things. Thanks for your response Shreekar.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content