Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Compass Errors

By Scott Rod

compassSasserrors

I'm running Compass 1.0.0.rc.1 along side Sass 3.3.14 because the pre version of Compass now supports sourcemaps. With Foundation 5.3.3 and I am receiving several depreciation errors. Anything I'm doing wrong?

Last Reply by Scott Rod over 5 years ago

My Comments

Scott Rod commented on Lance Padgett's post over 5 years

Lance, you say you're running .12.2, but updated both Sass and Compass to the newest versions—that sounds conflicting.

At least a few days ago, the newest Compass version is 1.0.1, not .12.2. This also upgrades Sass to version 3.4.x which has seemed to break Foundation.

If you are running Compass v1.x, look a little deeper in the forum. There are recent posts from others, like myself, with the same issue.
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/18630-scss-compiles-but-resulting-css-file-incomplete
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/18624-foundation-5-and-compass-10

Scott Rod commented on Juhana's post over 5 years

Just updated Compass to stable v1.01 and it no longer imports Foundation's components. I also created a brand new Foundation project to be sure it wasn't me. Unfortunately, I received the same ill result. BROKEN!

I really need source maps, so reverting back to Compass v.12.7 would just suck.

Prior to installing Compass 1.0.1, I was using Compass pre-release 1.0.0.rc.1 with source maps active.

In order to get Compass source maps back with Foundation working, I uninstalled Compass 1.0.1 and its dependencies.
sudo gem uninstall compass

Then, I installed Compass RC version:
sudo gem install compass --version 1.0.0.rc.1

I uninstalled the latest Sass version 3.4.x and dependencies.
sudo gem uninstall sass

Then, I installed the last Sass version working with Compass RC
sudo gem install sass --version 3.3.14

Foundation is being imported with source maps rendering.

Scott Rod commented on Scott Rod's post over 5 years

Downgrading Compass would solve the issue, but that would also remove sourcemaps support. I'd rather see/ignore the warnings rather than give up sourcemap support.

Otherwise, Compass 1.0rc seems to be rendering fine with Foundation—at least their grids component.

Scott Rod commented on Scott Rod's post over 5 years

This method works with Foundation 4.1.2, but not Foundation 4.3.2. Why?

jQuery(document).on('click.fndtn.section', function (e) {

});

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Lance Padgett's post over 5 years

Lance, you say you're running .12.2, but updated both Sass and Compass to the newest versions—that sounds conflicting.

At least a few days ago, the newest Compass version is 1.0.1, not .12.2. This also upgrades Sass to version 3.4.x which has seemed to break Foundation.

If you are running Compass v1.x, look a little deeper in the forum. There are recent posts from others, like myself, with the same issue.
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/18630-scss-compiles-but-resulting-css-file-incomplete
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/18624-foundation-5-and-compass-10

You commented on Juhana's post over 5 years

Just updated Compass to stable v1.01 and it no longer imports Foundation's components. I also created a brand new Foundation project to be sure it wasn't me. Unfortunately, I received the same ill result. BROKEN!

I really need source maps, so reverting back to Compass v.12.7 would just suck.

Prior to installing Compass 1.0.1, I was using Compass pre-release 1.0.0.rc.1 with source maps active.

In order to get Compass source maps back with Foundation working, I uninstalled Compass 1.0.1 and its dependencies.
sudo gem uninstall compass

Then, I installed Compass RC version:
sudo gem install compass --version 1.0.0.rc.1

I uninstalled the latest Sass version 3.4.x and dependencies.
sudo gem uninstall sass

Then, I installed the last Sass version working with Compass RC
sudo gem install sass --version 3.3.14

Foundation is being imported with source maps rendering.

You commented on Scott Rod's post over 5 years

Downgrading Compass would solve the issue, but that would also remove sourcemaps support. I'd rather see/ignore the warnings rather than give up sourcemap support.

Otherwise, Compass 1.0rc seems to be rendering fine with Foundation—at least their grids component.

You commented on Scott Rod's post over 5 years

This method works with Foundation 4.1.2, but not Foundation 4.3.2. Why?

jQuery(document).on('click.fndtn.section', function (e) {

});

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content