Menu icon Foundation

Designer | London, United Kingdom

As the director, and lead web designer at Square Balloon I take a clear responsibility for the direction of the company, both in terms of creativity, and general business practice. That has lead to us offering high quality products, with a can do work ethic. Having studied marketing at university, I feel that my creativity is clearly reflected both in our designs, and in our creative marketing.

My Posts

Replies
  • Orbit is going long and it never used to

By Eoin

Orbit

Hi all, I built a site, it worked. I made amendments, it stopped working. I barely changed anything. I'm a confused, I'm a confused. http://squareballoon.co.uk/portfolio/etec-signature.co.uk/ that's the site, the homepage and others have the orbi... (continued)

Last Reply by Eoin about 4 years ago

My Comments

Eoin commented on hr's post 8 days

Putting an image on top of another would be ok, but a responsive background image in Outlook won't work.
You can get your image to be responsive in all other areas, but not Outlook mobile (at the moment).
I prefer this code to Stigs backgrounds.cm code

https://gist.github.com/uglyeoin/d8dde956e5a72558de07cf2a240a15c0

I haven't included the CSS and I haven't used Foundation for Emails so it might be worth tweaking it.  
You can also follow this dicussion that we're having to try and solve it.  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51946548/vml-responsive-background-iamges/53191423#53191423

Eoin commented on Eoin's post almost 3 years

I note that in your documentation the block grid works with gmail but retina images do not. That's an obstacle that would be good to overcome.

I would gladly join the private team if you need additional testers. I use Email on Acid to test all of my code.

Great, glad to hear it. I've been creating emails for about 4 years, I've created hundreds, and Ink is just one of the systems I've used.

I liked the fact it had a version which worked in Gmail as most of my clients ask for that.

I like the idea of using Panini and Yeti, I really need to improve my workflows in that sense - I'm still using snippets, a base template and then inlining everything manually once I'm done. I'm petrified of grunt because some of the inliner tools really don't do a great job and make things worse.

Eoin commented on Eoin's post about 4 years

It turns out I had removed the DOC TYPE and after that was put back in place all was well again. Thanks all for your help xx

I should also mention, I'm not 100% sure which version of Zurb Foundation I'm using, it's about a year old or perhaps slightly more

I didn't understand that comment.

Eoin commented on Eoin's post over 4 years

What I did.

• Remove social media buttons
  • Took my CSS out of the Foundation CSS file and put it in a Custom.css file, updated the head accordingly to reference the new .css file (and it's working)
  • Put header information in head.php and loaded it via a PHP include
  • also with the foot.php for the footer

head.php only had the CSS update in it.
foot.php only had Google Analytics added.

I've tried removing Google Analytics, it's not that causing the issue. I guess I should go back one by one and undo my changes, and redo them to see what's causing it.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on hr's post 8 days

Putting an image on top of another would be ok, but a responsive background image in Outlook won't work.
You can get your image to be responsive in all other areas, but not Outlook mobile (at the moment).
I prefer this code to Stigs backgrounds.cm code

https://gist.github.com/uglyeoin/d8dde956e5a72558de07cf2a240a15c0

I haven't included the CSS and I haven't used Foundation for Emails so it might be worth tweaking it.  
You can also follow this dicussion that we're having to try and solve it.  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/51946548/vml-responsive-background-iamges/53191423#53191423

You commented on Eoin's post almost 3 years

I note that in your documentation the block grid works with gmail but retina images do not. That's an obstacle that would be good to overcome.

I would gladly join the private team if you need additional testers. I use Email on Acid to test all of my code.

Great, glad to hear it. I've been creating emails for about 4 years, I've created hundreds, and Ink is just one of the systems I've used.

I liked the fact it had a version which worked in Gmail as most of my clients ask for that.

I like the idea of using Panini and Yeti, I really need to improve my workflows in that sense - I'm still using snippets, a base template and then inlining everything manually once I'm done. I'm petrified of grunt because some of the inliner tools really don't do a great job and make things worse.

You commented on Eoin's post about 4 years

It turns out I had removed the DOC TYPE and after that was put back in place all was well again. Thanks all for your help xx

I should also mention, I'm not 100% sure which version of Zurb Foundation I'm using, it's about a year old or perhaps slightly more

I didn't understand that comment.

You commented on Eoin's post over 4 years

What I did.

• Remove social media buttons
  • Took my CSS out of the Foundation CSS file and put it in a Custom.css file, updated the head accordingly to reference the new .css file (and it's working)
  • Put header information in head.php and loaded it via a PHP include
  • also with the foot.php for the footer

head.php only had the CSS update in it.
foot.php only had Google Analytics added.

I've tried removing Google Analytics, it's not that causing the issue. I guess I should go back one by one and undo my changes, and redo them to see what's causing it.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content