Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Kyoto, Japan

My Posts

• Change Orbit bullets

By Brett Peary

Orbital slider

I'm using Orbital Slider and I would like to replace the navigation dots with bars like the ones below. So, what is the most effective way to alter Orbital slider to make it so the navigation are bars and not dots? I'm sure that I could use another ... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual over 4 years ago

Replies
  • Unwanted double gutters

By Brett Peary

gutters

I am working with a 20 column grid, and I have a row that has two divs, a large-13 and a large-7. Then within that large-7, I have there are two divs that have medium-10. These divs have a border of 1px, and for the divs with medium-10, the gutters ar... (continued)

Last Reply by Nic Edwards almost 5 years ago

My Comments

Brett Peary commented on Vladimir's post over 4 years

Same problem here.

I just made two classes as a work around. Not the best solution, but it was driving me crazy.

// A fix for pre and postfix radius not working in Foundation. 
.prePostfix-radius--fix-left{
  border-radius: 3px 0 0 3px !important;
}
.prePostfix-radius--fix-right{
  border-radius: 0 3px 3px 0 !important;  
}

Brett Peary commented on Brett Peary's post over 4 years

Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to stick with Codekit for the moment, but I will check out your link, Hans, for the future.

Swaranan, I have a Mac so the link won't work for me but I take your point.

For anyone else, I would like to know why this might occur, if anyone else knows.

Cheers,

Brett

Brett Peary commented on roxanne sutton's post over 4 years

I am having the same problem.

Mark, in your example that makes only one set of padding which will affect all the sizes of the buttons.

I think what we want to understand is how to use the mixin to make sure the padding is relative on all buttons.

Brett Peary commented on dims's post over 4 years

Also, for making the breakpoint work, wouldn't you need to add something to the mixin in _grid.scss?

Brett Peary commented on dims's post over 4 years

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing.

Would I need to change the _block-grid.scss file for block grids to work with the new $tiny-range?

Thanks

Brett Peary commented on Roger Coathup's post over 4 years

For anyone else who is seeing this later on...

If you are using Codekit and switch to Libsass to correct this problem, make sure you are not using Compass (i.e. delete the config.rb file in the main directory).

I already was using Compass so when I tried to fix it with Libsass, it wasn't working until I got rid of Compass.

Brett Peary commented on Brett Peary's post almost 5 years

Ok, now I think I really figured it out.

The two divs inside the large-7 column were not contained in another div with the class .row. When I added that div it all got pretty.

Hope it helps someone.

Actually, I didn't solve it at all. I just created another problem. The div that I took the large-20 from has no gutter, so I reverted it back to the the way it was. Still looking for a solution.

I figured out what I did wrong.

I am trying to do something that is a bit complex and in that first large-13 I was talking about I have two other divs. The two divs in that should take up who whole width of the large-13 and because this is a bit new to me, I had put another large-20 on that div.

I solved the problem by taking off the large-20 and adding a class of row to the second div in there.

Just in case anyone is having a similar problem, I thought I'd explain.

Cheers.

Thanks so much!

I did not know this: "Note: because the last value was left off, the browser matches the value passed for margin-right".

Makes sense now. I really appreciate it.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Button padding

By roxanne sutton

buttonsrem-calcpadding

i am trying to adjust the button text and padding sizes, but in proportion. i am no expert with mixins, though most of it "makes sense" except the darn rem-calc() in certain circumstances. i wish there was a good walk through of the "syntax". i understan... (continued)

Last Reply by Arjan Oosthoek over 4 years ago

Replies
  • Unwanted double gutters

By Brett Peary

gutters

I am working with a 20 column grid, and I have a row that has two divs, a large-13 and a large-7. Then within that large-7, I have there are two divs that have medium-10. These divs have a border of 1px, and for the divs with medium-10, the gutters ar... (continued)

Last Reply by Nic Edwards almost 5 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Vladimir's post over 4 years

Same problem here.

I just made two classes as a work around. Not the best solution, but it was driving me crazy.

// A fix for pre and postfix radius not working in Foundation. 
.prePostfix-radius--fix-left{
  border-radius: 3px 0 0 3px !important;
}
.prePostfix-radius--fix-right{
  border-radius: 0 3px 3px 0 !important;  
}

You commented on Brett Peary's post over 4 years

Thanks for the replies.

I'm going to stick with Codekit for the moment, but I will check out your link, Hans, for the future.

Swaranan, I have a Mac so the link won't work for me but I take your point.

For anyone else, I would like to know why this might occur, if anyone else knows.

Cheers,

Brett

You commented on roxanne sutton's post over 4 years

I am having the same problem.

Mark, in your example that makes only one set of padding which will affect all the sizes of the buttons.

I think what we want to understand is how to use the mixin to make sure the padding is relative on all buttons.

You commented on dims's post over 4 years

Also, for making the breakpoint work, wouldn't you need to add something to the mixin in _grid.scss?

You commented on dims's post over 4 years

Hi,

I am trying to do the same thing.

Would I need to change the _block-grid.scss file for block grids to work with the new $tiny-range?

Thanks

You commented on Roger Coathup's post over 4 years

For anyone else who is seeing this later on...

If you are using Codekit and switch to Libsass to correct this problem, make sure you are not using Compass (i.e. delete the config.rb file in the main directory).

I already was using Compass so when I tried to fix it with Libsass, it wasn't working until I got rid of Compass.

You commented on Brett Peary's post almost 5 years

Ok, now I think I really figured it out.

The two divs inside the large-7 column were not contained in another div with the class .row. When I added that div it all got pretty.

Hope it helps someone.

Actually, I didn't solve it at all. I just created another problem. The div that I took the large-20 from has no gutter, so I reverted it back to the the way it was. Still looking for a solution.

I figured out what I did wrong.

I am trying to do something that is a bit complex and in that first large-13 I was talking about I have two other divs. The two divs in that should take up who whole width of the large-13 and because this is a bit new to me, I had put another large-20 on that div.

I solved the problem by taking off the large-20 and adding a class of row to the second div in there.

Just in case anyone is having a similar problem, I thought I'd explain.

Cheers.

Thanks so much!

I did not know this: "Note: because the last value was left off, the browser matches the value passed for margin-right".

Makes sense now. I really appreciate it.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content