Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Uzi Ashkenazi commented on Paolo Visnoviz's post over 3 years

Still an issue for me with Foundation 5.5.3. It seems that the need to be "fancy" with media queries calculation is coming back to hunt us all. Why can't it just be straight value or a variable string? Yes, I love em-calc and rem-calc works even better but top bar media query issue has been around since Foundation 4 and is one of the most noticeable feature on RWD.

P.S. I tried every possible solution suggested in the many top bar threads, none resolve the issue. I honestly think that a better way to approach this would be to provide an always mobile setting and let everyone use visibility classes to hide/show the top bar.

The strange part is that if I comment the $topbar-breakpoint and $topbar-media-query I get the uncollapsed version of the top bar but as soon as I make any adjustments to these variables or to the Media Query Ranges, the menu items (top-bar-section) disappear and the only visible items are the .top-bar and .title-area...

Anyone came across a similar issue?

Uzi Ashkenazi commented on Rafi Benkual's post almost 5 years

Same problem here. I am using the sass bower install.

Uzi Ashkenazi commented on Paul Ellis's post almost 5 years

In case you realize this after some work is done... This worked for me:

Delete the .git folder.
Remove the entire project from the repo.
A and commit the change.

git add . -A
git commit -m "removed nested git folder and project to resolve nested repo issue"

Add the project back to the main repo.
Add and commit the change.

git add .
git commit -m "Added project back to main repo"

You may lose some history on the project file but at least any new changes will be properly tracked.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Paolo Visnoviz's post over 3 years

Still an issue for me with Foundation 5.5.3. It seems that the need to be "fancy" with media queries calculation is coming back to hunt us all. Why can't it just be straight value or a variable string? Yes, I love em-calc and rem-calc works even better but top bar media query issue has been around since Foundation 4 and is one of the most noticeable feature on RWD.

P.S. I tried every possible solution suggested in the many top bar threads, none resolve the issue. I honestly think that a better way to approach this would be to provide an always mobile setting and let everyone use visibility classes to hide/show the top bar.

The strange part is that if I comment the $topbar-breakpoint and $topbar-media-query I get the uncollapsed version of the top bar but as soon as I make any adjustments to these variables or to the Media Query Ranges, the menu items (top-bar-section) disappear and the only visible items are the .top-bar and .title-area...

Anyone came across a similar issue?

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post almost 5 years

Same problem here. I am using the sass bower install.

You commented on Paul Ellis's post almost 5 years

In case you realize this after some work is done... This worked for me:

Delete the .git folder.
Remove the entire project from the repo.
A and commit the change.

git add . -A
git commit -m "removed nested git folder and project to resolve nested repo issue"

Add the project back to the main repo.
Add and commit the change.

git add .
git commit -m "Added project back to main repo"

You may lose some history on the project file but at least any new changes will be properly tracked.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content