Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Uzi Ashkenazi commented on Paper9oll's post almost 2 years

There seemed to be an error in Foundation's docs basic setup example that throws a jQuery error.
<ul class="tabs" data-tabs id="example-tabs">
<li class="tabs-title is-active"><a href="#panel1" aria-selected="true">Tab 1</a></li>
<li class="tabs-title"><a data-tabs-target="#panel2" href="#panel2">Tab 2</a></li>
</ul>
The above data-tabs-target="#panel12" together with href="#panel2" is the culprit. Either remove the hashtag before the id passed inside data-tabs-target or remove data-tabs-target altogether.

The correct setup is below.
<li class="tabs-title is-active"><a href="#panel1" aria-selected="true">Tab 1</a></li>
<li class="tabs-title"><a data-tabs-target="panel2" href="#panel2">Tab 2</a></li>
</ul>

What is odd is that all the other examples in the docs do not use the data-tabs-target at all. Perhaps Rafi or someone from Foundation can comment on that?

Uzi Ashkenazi commented on Jason kalawe's post over 2 years

@KenGreer,

I was in a similar place as you about a year ago (read my previous comments on this thread) however, after building a small project with Foundation 6 I realized that any attempt to migrate or upgrade from Foundation 5 would most likely result in an inferior codebase and lost of headache in the future. Secondly and this is strictly my observation here, front end languages life span is becoming shorter my the day and holding on to old code is certainly not the way to go. Not to mention that a two years design used for any Foundation 5 site is most likely outdated anyway...
Foundation 6 introduced a lot of improvement under that hood and I totally understand why it is taking so long for any migration guide to be release when rebuilding from scratch would be faster. 
As far as the how-to goes, until more familiar with F6, I recommend using Zurb Template instead of the CLI since it is more of a project based install. Once you have a start up project and a new/updated page template markup in place you most likely be able to bring in your sass partials and with a simple find and replace make any necessary changes. You'll have to change media queries to breakpoints in settings.scss (this may be the more involved process depending on how you structured your media queries) and you'll be 90% done with "updating". 
Good luck!

Uzi Ashkenazi commented on Michael Flueckiger's post almost 3 years

I have been using the Yeti app for F6 but that is a bit of a pain since pretty much no command line support as far as I can tell. Other than that, the app compile and refresh browsers really fast.

Uzi Ashkenazi commented on Jason kalawe's post about 3 years

For anyone still looking for more info on F6 particularly what changed and how to go about testing it, check out this screencast with Brandon Arnold and Geoff Kimble from Zurb. https://responsivedesign.is/articles/foundation-6. It well worth the hour and twenty minute and it made me take back anything I said on this thread about Zurb! The new Foundation is an amazing framework with tons of improvements over F5.
If you'd like to try it without touching your cli settings checkout the new Yeti Launch app which comes packed with all the node goodness required to start building great sites! http://foundation.zurb.com/develop/yeti-launch.html.

Thanks @Carol Skelly! Did you find that it is possible to continue maintaining f5 projects using the new foundation-cli? My concern is that upgrading the cli will force me to upgrade all my projects to f6 or make it impossible to maintain them.

Uzi Ashkenazi commented on Tobias Bruns's post about 3 years

@Rafi, I believe the question is can we still continue to maintain our F5 project after upgrading to the new foundation-cli (for f6). If not, what would be an alternative tools we can use to work on projects that will not be upgraded to f6.

@Oliver, thanks for the great info. I was looking at automation for bootstrap with sass and your link is very useful. I started using foundation since version 3 and my approach with new version release was no reserve it to new project and avoid upgrading project when possible. As was mentioned before, it is a tedious process and best be avoided (which may explain the crickets on this thread). One of the best feature on foundation IMHO is the semantic markup which does not available from bootstrap out-of-the-box unless I missed something. Either way, time to play with bootstrap!

Julie, Oilver
Did you experience any issues with using the Sass version of Bootstrap? Contemplating a move as well.
Any input would be great.

Best, 
Uzi

This sounds like a cold thread but did anyone was successful in maintaining ZF5 projects with the new cli which supports ZF6? From what I see, the change is the cli is massive and completely changes the local development environment. 
Perhaps it would be best to continue with ZF5 projects using compass and only use the cli for new re-design using Zf6. Any thoughts?

Uzi Ashkenazi commented on Paolo Visnoviz's post over 3 years

Last comment on this thread solved my issue. Hope this helps someone. http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/1483-customize-topbar-breakpoint-in-scss

Posts Followed

• custom form css after ajax

By Fatemeh Mobasher

formcssAJAX

hi, i have a custom form and i'v got province and city drop down which depend on each other i mean when user chenages the province the city drop down is reloaded but as it is ajax the drop down is not rebuild so the new data is not shown. i am using fo... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual almost 5 years ago

Following

Followers

• Possible bug in 5.2.2 Orbit animation fade?

Hi everybody, I am here since some time now with a problem of the orbit. For me this seems to be a bug but I cant find any report on this until now. I tried a simple orbit which works perfect until I add the parameter animation: fade (instead of sl... (continued) Read More

View More Posts by Oliver

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Paper9oll's post almost 2 years

There seemed to be an error in Foundation's docs basic setup example that throws a jQuery error.
<li class="tabs-title"><a data-tabs-target="#panel2" href="#panel2">Tab 2</a></li>
</ul>
The above data-tabs-target="#panel12" together with href="#panel2" is the culprit. Either remove the hashtag before the id passed inside data-tabs-target or remove data-tabs-target altogether.

The correct setup is below.
<li class="tabs-title"><a data-tabs-target="panel2" href="#panel2">Tab 2</a></li>
</ul>

What is odd is that all the other examples in the docs do not use the data-tabs-target at all. Perhaps Rafi or someone from Foundation can comment on that?

You commented on Jason kalawe's post over 2 years

@KenGreer,

I was in a similar place as you about a year ago (read my previous comments on this thread) however, after building a small project with Foundation 6 I realized that any attempt to migrate or upgrade from Foundation 5 would most likely result in an inferior codebase and lost of headache in the future. Secondly and this is strictly my observation here, front end languages life span is becoming shorter my the day and holding on to old code is certainly not the way to go. Not to mention that a two years design used for any Foundation 5 site is most likely outdated anyway...
Foundation 6 introduced a lot of improvement under that hood and I totally understand why it is taking so long for any migration guide to be release when rebuilding from scratch would be faster. 
As far as the how-to goes, until more familiar with F6, I recommend using Zurb Template instead of the CLI since it is more of a project based install. Once you have a start up project and a new/updated page template markup in place you most likely be able to bring in your sass partials and with a simple find and replace make any necessary changes. You'll have to change media queries to breakpoints in settings.scss (this may be the more involved process depending on how you structured your media queries) and you'll be 90% done with "updating". 
Good luck!

You commented on Michael Flueckiger's post almost 3 years

I have been using the Yeti app for F6 but that is a bit of a pain since pretty much no command line support as far as I can tell. Other than that, the app compile and refresh browsers really fast.

You commented on Jason kalawe's post about 3 years

For anyone still looking for more info on F6 particularly what changed and how to go about testing it, check out this screencast with Brandon Arnold and Geoff Kimble from Zurb. https://responsivedesign.is/articles/foundation-6. It well worth the hour and twenty minute and it made me take back anything I said on this thread about Zurb! The new Foundation is an amazing framework with tons of improvements over F5.
If you'd like to try it without touching your cli settings checkout the new Yeti Launch app which comes packed with all the node goodness required to start building great sites! http://foundation.zurb.com/develop/yeti-launch.html.

Thanks @Carol Skelly! Did you find that it is possible to continue maintaining f5 projects using the new foundation-cli? My concern is that upgrading the cli will force me to upgrade all my projects to f6 or make it impossible to maintain them.

You commented on Tobias Bruns's post about 3 years

@Rafi, I believe the question is can we still continue to maintain our F5 project after upgrading to the new foundation-cli (for f6). If not, what would be an alternative tools we can use to work on projects that will not be upgraded to f6.

@Oliver, thanks for the great info. I was looking at automation for bootstrap with sass and your link is very useful. I started using foundation since version 3 and my approach with new version release was no reserve it to new project and avoid upgrading project when possible. As was mentioned before, it is a tedious process and best be avoided (which may explain the crickets on this thread). One of the best feature on foundation IMHO is the semantic markup which does not available from bootstrap out-of-the-box unless I missed something. Either way, time to play with bootstrap!

Julie, Oilver
Did you experience any issues with using the Sass version of Bootstrap? Contemplating a move as well.
Any input would be great.

Best, 
Uzi

This sounds like a cold thread but did anyone was successful in maintaining ZF5 projects with the new cli which supports ZF6? From what I see, the change is the cli is massive and completely changes the local development environment. 
Perhaps it would be best to continue with ZF5 projects using compass and only use the cli for new re-design using Zf6. Any thoughts?

You commented on Paolo Visnoviz's post over 3 years

Last comment on this thread solved my issue. Hope this helps someone. http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/1483-customize-topbar-breakpoint-in-scss

Posts Followed

Following

Followers

• Possible bug in 5.2.2 Orbit animation fade?

Hi everybody, I am here since some time now with a problem of the orbit. For me this seems to be a bug but I cant find any report on this until now. I tried a simple orbit which works perfect until I add the parameter animation: fade (instead of sl... (continued) Read More

View More Posts by Oliver