Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • How to lose left and right padding?

By James

padding

Hiya, I am using the code, below, to insert an image slider into my page. I want the slider to be full-width, but the problem is that the .columns div has left and right padding of 0.9375rem . I've looked in _settings.scss and there doesn't appea... (continued)

Last Reply by James almost 5 years ago

My Comments

James commented on chris's post almost 5 years

Thanks Karl, but how would you apply this to $body-bg ?

James commented on James's post almost 5 years

Thanks. Collapse did the trick...

<div class="row collapse">

James commented on chris's post almost 5 years

I have the same question as the OP. Could someone post some code to show how you include all the different vendor prefixes??

James commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post almost 5 years

Ole, I'm just having a bit of an issue when adding an image to a page via wp-admin. I specified for the image to be aligned to the the right but it renders on the left.

On inspecting the markup, the image has class="alignright", but the CSS rule for that class seems to have got lost somewhere.

Can you advise?

Cheers,
James

James commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post almost 5 years

Hiya Ole,

Just registered to say what a great Foundation theme this is! :)

I must say that the learning curve at the beginning is a bit steep if you are not familiar with Sass, grunt, git, etc. and I think the documentation would really benefit from walking people through the steps of setting that up a little more thoroughly as, currently, they are a real obstacle. And explaining the roles of each of these components for FoundationPress, too, would be very useful as many WP developers will not have come across them before so when you go to these external sites for help, you don't really know what guidance you are looking for or why...

But, fellow developers, once you are past all that, things do get a lot easier and it seems pretty much a case of modifying the /scss/config/_settings.scss file and playing with a few theme files (e.g., header.php, functions.php) to get your site looking the way you want.

And the support looks great, too! :)

Cheers,
James

PS - Any input on how compatible FoundationPress is with WooCommerce, as I'd love to use FP on my ecommerce sites too.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on chris's post almost 5 years

Thanks Karl, but how would you apply this to $body-bg ?

You commented on James's post almost 5 years

Thanks. Collapse did the trick...

<div class="row collapse">

You commented on chris's post almost 5 years

I have the same question as the OP. Could someone post some code to show how you include all the different vendor prefixes??

You commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post almost 5 years

Ole, I'm just having a bit of an issue when adding an image to a page via wp-admin. I specified for the image to be aligned to the the right but it renders on the left.

On inspecting the markup, the image has class="alignright", but the CSS rule for that class seems to have got lost somewhere.

Can you advise?

Cheers,
James

You commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post almost 5 years

Hiya Ole,

Just registered to say what a great Foundation theme this is! :)

I must say that the learning curve at the beginning is a bit steep if you are not familiar with Sass, grunt, git, etc. and I think the documentation would really benefit from walking people through the steps of setting that up a little more thoroughly as, currently, they are a real obstacle. And explaining the roles of each of these components for FoundationPress, too, would be very useful as many WP developers will not have come across them before so when you go to these external sites for help, you don't really know what guidance you are looking for or why...

But, fellow developers, once you are past all that, things do get a lot easier and it seems pretty much a case of modifying the /scss/config/_settings.scss file and playing with a few theme files (e.g., header.php, functions.php) to get your site looking the way you want.

And the support looks great, too! :)

Cheers,
James

PS - Any input on how compatible FoundationPress is with WooCommerce, as I'd love to use FP on my ecommerce sites too.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content