Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Azan Abrar commented on Azan Abrar's post about 5 years

@james Hi

Any update on that? Can I here from you soon? It would be great if you can reply and help us soon?

Thanks

Hey James,

Thanks for replying back. I was discussing your concern with my team and now we have enabled the Website on our staging server for IE9.

You can access it on :

https://zts.protenders.com/

We have been looking into this for a long time. So it would be great if you can help us in any way and reply as early as possible since website is live already and we have quite a number of our Users using IE 9.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanking you in anticipation

Thanks
Azan

@lyn Hey Lyn,

Thanks for replying man. I would need to remove this validation check for IE 9 browser to let normal website load for IE 9 as well and to show you what exactly happens. May be you can check it out too on the staging server.

I will let you know once I do that. But before that I do have noted some points that I would like to add to brief you more about the problem we are facing:

1. On IE 9 no styles are applied to any classes, elements or anything. If you look into the source of that page you will notice that the stylesheet is loaded properly. But what happens is that if you try to inspect any element you will notice no styles are applied to it except few default browser styles.

2. The IE9 browser has similar broken UI as IE 8 has.

3. There is one weird thing that happens a lot. If you have installed IE 10 or IE 11 and you go back to browser IE 9 by changing browser mode. Everything works as expected. But for some users who have IE 9 installed they see it broken always.

This is what happens on IE 9 if we run it in browserstack

http://www.browserstack.com/screenshots/26f23ef26c62306f1562c518774a9222554389e1/win7_ie_9.0.jpg

Let me know if you need anything more.

Thanks
Azan

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Azan Abrar's post about 5 years

@james Hi

Any update on that? Can I here from you soon? It would be great if you can reply and help us soon?

Thanks

Hey James,

Thanks for replying back. I was discussing your concern with my team and now we have enabled the Website on our staging server for IE9.

You can access it on :

https://zts.protenders.com/

We have been looking into this for a long time. So it would be great if you can help us in any way and reply as early as possible since website is live already and we have quite a number of our Users using IE 9.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Thanking you in anticipation

Thanks
Azan

@lyn Hey Lyn,

Thanks for replying man. I would need to remove this validation check for IE 9 browser to let normal website load for IE 9 as well and to show you what exactly happens. May be you can check it out too on the staging server.

I will let you know once I do that. But before that I do have noted some points that I would like to add to brief you more about the problem we are facing:

1. On IE 9 no styles are applied to any classes, elements or anything. If you look into the source of that page you will notice that the stylesheet is loaded properly. But what happens is that if you try to inspect any element you will notice no styles are applied to it except few default browser styles.

2. The IE9 browser has similar broken UI as IE 8 has.

3. There is one weird thing that happens a lot. If you have installed IE 10 or IE 11 and you go back to browser IE 9 by changing browser mode. Everything works as expected. But for some users who have IE 9 installed they see it broken always.

This is what happens on IE 9 if we run it in browserstack

http://www.browserstack.com/screenshots/26f23ef26c62306f1562c518774a9222554389e1/win7_ie_9.0.jpg

Let me know if you need anything more.

Thanks
Azan

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content