Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Patrick Jones commented on Julian Ćwirko's post about 5 years

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but I'm new to Yeoman and I don't quite understand how the skeleton app that "yo zf5" creates is organized.

Here are some specific questions I had:

Is the folder "bower components" simply a repository of all the goodies, and I choose what I want and bring it into the corresponding folder in the "app" directory? For example, should I draw jquery.js or foundation.css from their folders in "bower components" and put them in the "js" and "css" folders, respectively, under "app"?

This is very ambiguous to me. I'm just wondering how all of this stuff points to each other. Without knowing how it's organized, I don't really understand this as a blank Foundation 5 shell. The first time I used Yeoman to scaffold with Foundation I used "yo foundation-five"—after doing so, I opened "index.html" which included an overview of Foundation assets, but none of them showed up styled, since there was no foundation.css in the "css" folder under app. So I tried "yo zf5" and have the same questions.

Many thanks for your time! And thank you for creating this generator!

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Julian Ćwirko's post about 5 years

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but I'm new to Yeoman and I don't quite understand how the skeleton app that "yo zf5" creates is organized.

Here are some specific questions I had:

Is the folder "bower components" simply a repository of all the goodies, and I choose what I want and bring it into the corresponding folder in the "app" directory? For example, should I draw jquery.js or foundation.css from their folders in "bower components" and put them in the "js" and "css" folders, respectively, under "app"?

This is very ambiguous to me. I'm just wondering how all of this stuff points to each other. Without knowing how it's organized, I don't really understand this as a blank Foundation 5 shell. The first time I used Yeoman to scaffold with Foundation I used "yo foundation-five"—after doing so, I opened "index.html" which included an overview of Foundation assets, but none of them showed up styled, since there was no foundation.css in the "css" folder under app. So I tried "yo zf5" and have the same questions.

Many thanks for your time! And thank you for creating this generator!

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content