Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Just Forms commented on Just Forms's post about 3 years

Bump - Does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

Just Forms commented on Joe's post about 3 years

If you are using Yeti Launch and installing the advanced project template you will find the include files listed in the "app.scss" file - this is located in the "src" folder (which is at the root level of your project folder) then look in the "scss" folder. See the attached image for reference.

Hope that helps.

I'm not on the forums much. I'm not a developer... more of a dabbler, helping a few friends with websites etc. That said, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded. I appreciate the time and expertise.

I've searched for hours across the forum, stackoverflow etc. any help would be very much appreciated.

Just Forms commented on James Cocker's post about 5 years

Update: figured out I had a CSS position absolute on an element. That fixed the the grid issue i Was having with Hugo's/James Cocker's approach... so Now everything seems to work... testing now.

I also tried to use Cornelius's version but I ran into problems... I could not get the responsive grid to work... I managed to get the CSS to load/style properly.

Here is a Github page with all of Cornelius's parts in a working (cough - kinda) page maybe Cornelius or another person can chime in with what I missed. Being new to all this I'm not sure which approach is better/more efficient. I have Cocker's version working but I like to learn what I missed with Cornelius's version. Thank you in advance to the community for any help. Here is the a Github link:
https://github.com/JustForms/Zurb-Foundation-5-for-IE8-based-on-Kyco-ie8-f5

One thing that may help another noob, like me, out is in Cornelius's ie8.ss file he is using @import for the ie8-grid-support. From what I read over in a StackOveflow post, IE8 does not recognize @import in the CSS file. I had to add the ie8-grid-support support before the IE specific styles in the ie8.css file. After this the elements and columns seemd to render properly but the responsive grid still does not work. Also, Cornelius's calls the "ie8-12col-grid-support" when the CSS file in the master is
"ie8-grid-support.css" change the file name or the @import so they match.

Thanks again to anyone who helps out.

Well, Since I was deeper into using Hugo's/James Cocker's approach I kept going that route vs. Cornelius's. Everything is working except I have a show-for-medium-up class and the columns/content are overlapping. I think it has something to do the the the float left CSS assignment, I'm not sure, I'm just guessing.

Large and small classes are working fine in IE8.

If anyone else is had medium grid problem could you post your solution. I'm just leaning all this so please give a bit more detail if you can with your instructions.

On a side note, someone else mentioned trying to conditionally load older Foundations Tabs but was having problems. The following tab solution is working great for me in IE8 and above with Foundation 5:

http://webthemez.com/demo/easy-responsive-tabs/Index.html
https://github.com/samsono/Easy-Responsive-Tabs-to-Accordion

Hope that helps a few people out.

Thanks.

Just Forms commented on Just Forms's post about 5 years

Matt H

Thank you, I will give it a try.

I gave up on the fixed position header for now. Too many problems/issues with older Android phones.

I came across this article (hope this helps a few others out):

http://bradfrostweb.com/blog/mobile/fixed-position/

I tried a lot of these solutions out but one way or another issues would arise. As much as I would like to have a fixed position header I need to keep older device usability more.

Thank you again. I will test and post my findings/results.

I also wanted to say thank you to the person who posted about SlideMe. In return I would like to share a slideshow alternative from Mark Lee:
http://themarklee.com/2013/12/26/simple-diy-responsive-slideshow-made-html5-css3-javascript/

I don't know if Mark's approach is a better solution but he shows you step-by-step how to break down what is going on in the code and gives you fallback/alternatives... it is worth checking it out. I too had to look for another solution to Zurb's Orbit Slider and this seemed to do the trick.

I just want to give Mark a compliment as well, he has been very gracious with his time and expertise... super nice guy... I don't know him personally but what I can say is he cares about sharing and learning new things... and is very patient/helpful with noobs like me.

Thanks Mark!

Cornelius,

Thank you for sharing your steps. Would it be possible for you put together a Github collect or Zip file of a working template up on your blog page? It would be helpful to see all the pieces together in a working page. A BIG THANK YOU! in advance if you are able to do this.

I too have spent the last couple of days scouring the internet for a solution to IE8 compatibility with Zurb's Foundation v5. For others doing the same research I came across this blog as well with a list of steps:
http://hugo.castanho.me/code/zurb-foundation-ie8-support/

I just finished downloading all the files/reading about each element/step from Hugo's blog when I decided to check this forum page once again. I'm glad I did as it looks like you used a similar approach to Hugo's with the addition of some other workarounds (IE8 Grid CSS stylesheet etc.).

I am a noob so perhaps there are things you are dong that are better than Hugo's approach. Or has Hugo used some things that work better than your approach?

Thank you again, I really appreciate the help/advice.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Just Forms's post about 3 years

Bump - Does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks in advance for any help you may provide.

You commented on Joe's post about 3 years

If you are using Yeti Launch and installing the advanced project template you will find the include files listed in the "app.scss" file - this is located in the "src" folder (which is at the root level of your project folder) then look in the "scss" folder. See the attached image for reference.

Hope that helps.

I'm not on the forums much. I'm not a developer... more of a dabbler, helping a few friends with websites etc. That said, I wanted to say thank you to everyone who responded. I appreciate the time and expertise.

I've searched for hours across the forum, stackoverflow etc. any help would be very much appreciated.

You commented on James Cocker's post about 5 years

Update: figured out I had a CSS position absolute on an element. That fixed the the grid issue i Was having with Hugo's/James Cocker's approach... so Now everything seems to work... testing now.

I also tried to use Cornelius's version but I ran into problems... I could not get the responsive grid to work... I managed to get the CSS to load/style properly.

Here is a Github page with all of Cornelius's parts in a working (cough - kinda) page maybe Cornelius or another person can chime in with what I missed. Being new to all this I'm not sure which approach is better/more efficient. I have Cocker's version working but I like to learn what I missed with Cornelius's version. Thank you in advance to the community for any help. Here is the a Github link:
https://github.com/JustForms/Zurb-Foundation-5-for-IE8-based-on-Kyco-ie8-f5

One thing that may help another noob, like me, out is in Cornelius's ie8.ss file he is using @import for the ie8-grid-support. From what I read over in a StackOveflow post, IE8 does not recognize @import in the CSS file. I had to add the ie8-grid-support support before the IE specific styles in the ie8.css file. After this the elements and columns seemd to render properly but the responsive grid still does not work. Also, Cornelius's calls the "ie8-12col-grid-support" when the CSS file in the master is
"ie8-grid-support.css" change the file name or the @import so they match.

Thanks again to anyone who helps out.

Well, Since I was deeper into using Hugo's/James Cocker's approach I kept going that route vs. Cornelius's. Everything is working except I have a show-for-medium-up class and the columns/content are overlapping. I think it has something to do the the the float left CSS assignment, I'm not sure, I'm just guessing.

Large and small classes are working fine in IE8.

If anyone else is had medium grid problem could you post your solution. I'm just leaning all this so please give a bit more detail if you can with your instructions.

On a side note, someone else mentioned trying to conditionally load older Foundations Tabs but was having problems. The following tab solution is working great for me in IE8 and above with Foundation 5:

http://webthemez.com/demo/easy-responsive-tabs/Index.html
https://github.com/samsono/Easy-Responsive-Tabs-to-Accordion

Hope that helps a few people out.

Thanks.

You commented on Just Forms's post about 5 years

Matt H

Thank you, I will give it a try.

I gave up on the fixed position header for now. Too many problems/issues with older Android phones.

I came across this article (hope this helps a few others out):

http://bradfrostweb.com/blog/mobile/fixed-position/

I tried a lot of these solutions out but one way or another issues would arise. As much as I would like to have a fixed position header I need to keep older device usability more.

Thank you again. I will test and post my findings/results.

I also wanted to say thank you to the person who posted about SlideMe. In return I would like to share a slideshow alternative from Mark Lee:
http://themarklee.com/2013/12/26/simple-diy-responsive-slideshow-made-html5-css3-javascript/

I don't know if Mark's approach is a better solution but he shows you step-by-step how to break down what is going on in the code and gives you fallback/alternatives... it is worth checking it out. I too had to look for another solution to Zurb's Orbit Slider and this seemed to do the trick.

I just want to give Mark a compliment as well, he has been very gracious with his time and expertise... super nice guy... I don't know him personally but what I can say is he cares about sharing and learning new things... and is very patient/helpful with noobs like me.

Thanks Mark!

Cornelius,

Thank you for sharing your steps. Would it be possible for you put together a Github collect or Zip file of a working template up on your blog page? It would be helpful to see all the pieces together in a working page. A BIG THANK YOU! in advance if you are able to do this.

I too have spent the last couple of days scouring the internet for a solution to IE8 compatibility with Zurb's Foundation v5. For others doing the same research I came across this blog as well with a list of steps:
http://hugo.castanho.me/code/zurb-foundation-ie8-support/

I just finished downloading all the files/reading about each element/step from Hugo's blog when I decided to check this forum page once again. I'm glad I did as it looks like you used a similar approach to Hugo's with the addition of some other workarounds (IE8 Grid CSS stylesheet etc.).

I am a noob so perhaps there are things you are dong that are better than Hugo's approach. Or has Hugo used some things that work better than your approach?

Thank you again, I really appreciate the help/advice.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content