Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Adam Powell commented on Will Mangum's post about 5 years

It's because you don't have any code for a mobile menu.

By mobile menu, I assume you mean the off-screen navigation drawer that slides in when you click the menu word/icon.

The way it works is that for a top bar menu (I see you're using the "sticky" menu) and a side drawer mobile menu there actually has to be code for 2 menus and the appropriate one is hidden based on screens size (media query).

The documentation of this feature and what is needed to get it working is here:
http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/offcanvas.html

Your site currently only has the top-bar menu/nav.

Adam Powell commented on Rafi Benkual's post about 5 years

Thanks for clarifying this point.

I know I left an exasperated post on here myself as I was trying to sort through what wasn't working and why it wasn't working.

I'm still not entirely sure what was broken but when 5.4.3 was released with compatibility for Sass 3.4.0, I uninstalled my versions of Sass/Compass, installed exactly and only those, and followed the Compass install tutorial and I got it to work.

I think for me, part of the difficulty was the clarity of the directions (along the lines of information architecture)...Perhaps putting the Compass instructions on a separate page from the Libsass instructions and giving a list of bullet points (this version will do 'foo' but will NOT do 'bar') about the merits and shortcomings of each.

Coming from Foundation 4 (and therefore Compass) and being familiar with Grunt I just assumed they'd work together, but they didn't. I think for me at least the mix of info and the lack of clear guidance to compare and contrast the versions added to my frustration.

Anyway, thanks for the update.

Adam Powell commented on Adam Powell's post about 5 years

I just referenced this in another post but I got a WordPress theme working with 5.4.3, Compass (not LibSass) and Grunt...including 'normalize.'

I ended up creating a new Compass projects, then copying all those file into the repo...other small changes too but it's working with Compass 1.0.1, Sass 3.4.0 and even WordPress 4.0.

Use it if you find it useful.

https://github.com/adaminfinitum/grunterie

Adam Powell commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post over 5 years

Hi,

I forked your repo (yesterday, I think) although I had been using it as a theme on my site with minor tweeks for a while already.

The fork is here: https://github.com/adaminfinitum/AdamPress

I'm trying to get Grunt to generate CSS Sourcemaps for SASS debugging.

I added confugration options to the Gruntfile.js but it has only caused it to generate sourcemaps of foundation.scss and normailze.scss (it generates them next to the css files, visible in the repo).

I'm happy to submit a pull request if you'd like to add this feature (once I get it working), if desired.

While it's not done yet, I plan to create dev and production tasks that are suited to each environment.

Do you mind taking a look?

Thanks.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Will Mangum's post about 5 years

It's because you don't have any code for a mobile menu.

By mobile menu, I assume you mean the off-screen navigation drawer that slides in when you click the menu word/icon.

The way it works is that for a top bar menu (I see you're using the "sticky" menu) and a side drawer mobile menu there actually has to be code for 2 menus and the appropriate one is hidden based on screens size (media query).

The documentation of this feature and what is needed to get it working is here:
http://foundation.zurb.com/docs/components/offcanvas.html

Your site currently only has the top-bar menu/nav.

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post about 5 years

Thanks for clarifying this point.

I know I left an exasperated post on here myself as I was trying to sort through what wasn't working and why it wasn't working.

I'm still not entirely sure what was broken but when 5.4.3 was released with compatibility for Sass 3.4.0, I uninstalled my versions of Sass/Compass, installed exactly and only those, and followed the Compass install tutorial and I got it to work.

I think for me, part of the difficulty was the clarity of the directions (along the lines of information architecture)...Perhaps putting the Compass instructions on a separate page from the Libsass instructions and giving a list of bullet points (this version will do 'foo' but will NOT do 'bar') about the merits and shortcomings of each.

Coming from Foundation 4 (and therefore Compass) and being familiar with Grunt I just assumed they'd work together, but they didn't. I think for me at least the mix of info and the lack of clear guidance to compare and contrast the versions added to my frustration.

Anyway, thanks for the update.

You commented on Adam Powell's post about 5 years

I just referenced this in another post but I got a WordPress theme working with 5.4.3, Compass (not LibSass) and Grunt...including 'normalize.'

I ended up creating a new Compass projects, then copying all those file into the repo...other small changes too but it's working with Compass 1.0.1, Sass 3.4.0 and even WordPress 4.0.

Use it if you find it useful.

https://github.com/adaminfinitum/grunterie

You commented on Ole Fredrik Lie's post over 5 years

Hi,

I forked your repo (yesterday, I think) although I had been using it as a theme on my site with minor tweeks for a while already.

The fork is here: https://github.com/adaminfinitum/AdamPress

I'm trying to get Grunt to generate CSS Sourcemaps for SASS debugging.

I added confugration options to the Gruntfile.js but it has only caused it to generate sourcemaps of foundation.scss and normailze.scss (it generates them next to the css files, visible in the repo).

I'm happy to submit a pull request if you'd like to add this feature (once I get it working), if desired.

While it's not done yet, I plan to create dev and production tasks that are suited to each environment.

Do you mind taking a look?

Thanks.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content