Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

• Tooltip text mixed up

By Anita Graham

tooltips

I have a page with one tooltip at the top of the page, and a series of links with tooltips further down the page. The second set of tooltips all have the same text which is different from the first. (Click here for a map) (Click here to see the whole ... (continued)

Last Reply by FoundationDeck over 4 years ago

My Comments

Anita Graham commented on Anita Graham's post about 5 years

Lots of useful replies there.
My basic issue is that I want to use markup which is different to the markup in the Zurb examples. I could do this in F4.

In the project I am working on I have preferred to use mixins to apply foundation styles to the markup I am working with, in preference to creating markup which conforms to the foundation expectation.

Tabs (which were sections in F4) are a case in point. Foundation now specifies that the tabs must be written as s. Mine are currently marked up as sections inside a div. Looking at the scss I can see that it explicitly looks for elements. Yes, I can, and probably will change that markup.

Block grids are another case where foundation's explicit requirement that block grids be built from lists seems unnecessarily strict. I have a full of s and I would like the block grid to work for them. I was/am planning to test a change to the block-grid scss which may allow this - BUT if using mixins to apply foundation styles to my own markup is not supported, then I will have to dig into a different system altogether to change the markup (and this markup seems perfectly reasonable).

What are Zurb's thoughts on allowing zurb styles to be applied to markup that is not the same as the example markup in the doc?

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Anita Graham's post about 5 years

Lots of useful replies there.
My basic issue is that I want to use markup which is different to the markup in the Zurb examples. I could do this in F4.

In the project I am working on I have preferred to use mixins to apply foundation styles to the markup I am working with, in preference to creating markup which conforms to the foundation expectation.

Tabs (which were sections in F4) are a case in point. Foundation now specifies that the tabs must be written as s. Mine are currently marked up as sections inside a div. Looking at the scss I can see that it explicitly looks for elements. Yes, I can, and probably will change that markup.

Block grids are another case where foundation's explicit requirement that block grids be built from lists seems unnecessarily strict. I have a full of s and I would like the block grid to work for them. I was/am planning to test a change to the block-grid scss which may allow this - BUT if using mixins to apply foundation styles to my own markup is not supported, then I will have to dig into a different system altogether to change the markup (and this markup seems perfectly reasonable).

What are Zurb's thoughts on allowing zurb styles to be applied to markup that is not the same as the example markup in the doc?

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content