Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Dominik Scholz commented on Dominik Scholz's post over 4 years

Oh, I didn't know that Trello board - thank you!

Dominik Scholz commented on Dominik Scholz's post over 4 years

Is there any solution to this problem? After upgrading to Foundation 5.5.1 all my accordions stopped working, most likely because my cms uses a base href tag.

Please, let's not discuss that base tag thing once again. I just would be glad to see the accordion work either way ;-)

Regards from Germany
Dominik

Dominik Scholz commented on Vipin J S's post almost 5 years

This is a bug. There are two events: "opened.fndtn.reveal" and "opened", latter of them is still present for legacy reasons, but causes the event to be fired twice, if you use the new prefixed event. Simply use the older "opened" event and you are good to go.

I think the next major release (i.e. Foundation 5.4) will include a fix for this, when it comes out, as it will remove those deprecated events listeners - but remember to adjust your script after updating to v5.4.

This bug has already been mentioned here:
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/16390-reveal---firing-callback

Kind regards
Dominik

Dominik Scholz commented on janul's post about 5 years

We have managed to solve this problem in the meantime. It was caused in part by our javascript (cumulation of event handler definitions), but apparently there is a little bug in the current version of Reveal, too.

As to the documentation, the event bindings of Reveal have been namespaced shortly. The older ones are still present for legacy reasons, but will be removed in future versions of Foundation. If you use those new ones like "close.fndtn.reveal", the related event is fired TWICE - but if you use the old one like "close", then the event is fired only once (what would be the expected behaviour).

Maybe someone else can leverage this information, too. ;-)

Dominik Scholz commented on janul's post about 5 years

Hi there,

we are having quite the same problem here and there's still no solution in sight. it seems to be all about Reveal counting how often it has been opened and then firing its open event as many times as you have opened it before.

We have got a jQuery datepicker here, which is permanently visible and fires a select event whenever you click on a single day. That select event opens a Reveal modal window, but each time when you select two or more days in a row, their select events get fired 2/3/4/5/x times - depending on how often the modal showed up before.

By the way, this is not a datepicker issue as we have been using VEX before and it all worked fine. ;-)

Is anyone experiencing a similar behavior or can give us a hint?

Thanks very much
Dominik

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Dominik Scholz's post over 4 years

Oh, I didn't know that Trello board - thank you!

You commented on Dominik Scholz's post over 4 years

Is there any solution to this problem? After upgrading to Foundation 5.5.1 all my accordions stopped working, most likely because my cms uses a base href tag.

Please, let's not discuss that base tag thing once again. I just would be glad to see the accordion work either way ;-)

Regards from Germany
Dominik

You commented on Vipin J S's post almost 5 years

This is a bug. There are two events: "opened.fndtn.reveal" and "opened", latter of them is still present for legacy reasons, but causes the event to be fired twice, if you use the new prefixed event. Simply use the older "opened" event and you are good to go.

I think the next major release (i.e. Foundation 5.4) will include a fix for this, when it comes out, as it will remove those deprecated events listeners - but remember to adjust your script after updating to v5.4.

This bug has already been mentioned here:
http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/16390-reveal---firing-callback

Kind regards
Dominik

You commented on janul's post about 5 years

We have managed to solve this problem in the meantime. It was caused in part by our javascript (cumulation of event handler definitions), but apparently there is a little bug in the current version of Reveal, too.

As to the documentation, the event bindings of Reveal have been namespaced shortly. The older ones are still present for legacy reasons, but will be removed in future versions of Foundation. If you use those new ones like "close.fndtn.reveal", the related event is fired TWICE - but if you use the old one like "close", then the event is fired only once (what would be the expected behaviour).

Maybe someone else can leverage this information, too. ;-)

You commented on janul's post about 5 years

Hi there,

we are having quite the same problem here and there's still no solution in sight. it seems to be all about Reveal counting how often it has been opened and then firing its open event as many times as you have opened it before.

We have got a jQuery datepicker here, which is permanently visible and fires a select event whenever you click on a single day. That select event opens a Reveal modal window, but each time when you select two or more days in a row, their select events get fired 2/3/4/5/x times - depending on how often the modal showed up before.

By the way, this is not a datepicker issue as we have been using VEX before and it all worked fine. ;-)

Is anyone experiencing a similar behavior or can give us a hint?

Thanks very much
Dominik

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content