Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Dominik Scholz commented on Andrew Cetnarskyj's post 8 months

I finally got it working using only npm with node-sass. This is my script from package.json:
{
"scripts": {
"watch-scss": "node-sass --watch assets/scss/ --output assets/css/ --include-path node_modules/foundation-sites/scss"
}
}

I simply forgot to add the following (second) line to my app.scss:
@import '../../node_modules/foundation-sites/scss/foundation';

@include foundation-everything;
Additionally, I had to add "--include-path foundation/scss" to make it work.

Dominik Scholz commented on Andrew Cetnarskyj's post 8 months

I know this has been posted a while ago, but I am experiencing quite a similar problem with the current Foundation version (6.4.4 rc1).
My custom app.scss is located under assets/scss/app.scss and it imports the general foundation.scss using the rule from above. The first lines of the foundation.scss even get imported into the compiled file. Unfortunately, all further @import rules inside the foundation files are silently ignored.
Using npm with node-sass, I have the following line in my app.scss file:
@import "../../node_modules/foundation-sites/scss/foundation";
Is there any tutorial that describes how to setup foundation/scss with node-sass?
Here is my node-sass script from package.json:
"scss": "node-sass --watch assets/scss/ --output assets/css/ --recursive"
}

Dominik Scholz commented on Andrew Grant's post 11 months

Hey there,
congratulations to the new XY grid, it really looks awesome and will push Foundation to the next level!
I would like to introduce it into my existing projects right now - but how can I actually use the XY grid besides the float grid within the same project? If I try to create a custom download with both grid types included, I am allowed to select only one kind of grid (there is just a radio input):
http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/download.html/#customizeFoundation
Regards from GermanyDominik

Dominik Scholz commented on Dominik Scholz's post almost 3 years

Manually attaching the event handler via browser console works just fine, THANKS a lot!

But still I'm wondering, what could be the mistake, as there are no javascript errors shown in console. I didn't change anything, except for switching foundation versions and changing the event handler from "open.fndtn" to "open.fndtn.reveal" (to correspond to the new framework version).

Gonna have a rummage now to spot the error...

Dominik Scholz commented on Dominik Scholz's post almost 3 years

Thanks for your reply, I3x! Even if this post is 2 months old, the problem is still the same over here.

I now tried it once again, using your v5.5.0 and current v5.5.2 (fresh download from this website) - no chance to get the open.fndtn.reveal event fired. This is really weird, as the event does not seem to be fired at all. Here's my code:

$(document).on('open.fndtn', '[data-reveal]', function(){
    console.log('test');
    var modal = $(this);
    keywords_tmp = $("textarea[name='ste_keywords']").val();
    $("#vorschlaege").html('<div class="columns">...</div>');
    if($("#ste_eingabe_komfort").prop('checked')){
        bewerberprofil_tmp = tinymce.get('ste_infotext_3').getContent();
        stellenprofil_tmp = tinymce.get('ste_infotext_2').getContent();
    }else{
        bewerberprofil_tmp = tinymce.get('ste_infotext').getContent();
        stellenprofil_tmp = '';
    };
    $.post("front_content.php?idart=309",{
        titel: $("input[name='ste_bezeichnung']").val(),
        text1: bewerberprofil_tmp,
        text2: stellenprofil_tmp
    },function(data){
        var keywords = $.parseJSON(data);
        if(keywords.length > 0){
            $("#vorschlaege").html('');
            $.each(keywords,function(index,value){
                if(value != null){
                    if(value.length > maxL){
                        value_tmp = value.substr(0,maxL) + '...';
                    }else{
                        value_tmp = value;
                    };
                    $("#vorschlaege").append('<div class="medium-6 columns vorschlag"><input type="checkbox" checked="checked" id="vorschlag_'+index+'" value="'+value+'" /><label for="vorschlag_'+index+'" title="'+value+'">'+value_tmp+'</label></div>');
                };
            });
        }else{
            $("#vorschlaege").html("Für Ihre Stellenbeschreibung konnten keine Schlagwörter generiert werden.<br />Sie können es erneut versuchen, indem Sie den Schlagwort-Generator noch einmal aufrufen.");
        };
    });
});

As you can see, I inserted a console.log() at the very beginning, but it does not show up in the console window.

Dominik Scholz commented on Dominik Scholz's post about 3 years

We would really appreciate it if someone could provide a solution to this problem. Is it just a bug in Foundation v5.5.2 or are we doing something wrong?

Communication is rather chewy in this forum... :-((

Alright, thanks for fixing it that quickly :-)

I'm not even sure if it is a good idea to make the placeholder color configurable, as probably only few users will make use of it. Myself, I have never changed that color in my past projects because it has always been just suitable (light grey with ~ 50 % opacity).

Why make something configurable when it's already fine?

Anybody experiencing the same problem maybe?

CSS above comes from foundation/css/foundation.css, but browsers' default value is just black / #000000 (adding ~ 50 % opacity).

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Andrew Cetnarskyj's post 8 months

I finally got it working using only npm with node-sass. This is my script from package.json:
{
"watch-scss": "node-sass --watch assets/scss/ --output assets/css/ --include-path node_modules/foundation-sites/scss"
}
}

I simply forgot to add the following (second) line to my app.scss:
@import '../../node_modules/foundation-sites/scss/foundation';

@include foundation-everything;
Additionally, I had to add "--include-path foundation/scss" to make it work.

You commented on Andrew Cetnarskyj's post 8 months

I know this has been posted a while ago, but I am experiencing quite a similar problem with the current Foundation version (6.4.4 rc1).
My custom app.scss is located under assets/scss/app.scss and it imports the general foundation.scss using the rule from above. The first lines of the foundation.scss even get imported into the compiled file. Unfortunately, all further @import rules inside the foundation files are silently ignored.
Using npm with node-sass, I have the following line in my app.scss file:
@import "../../node_modules/foundation-sites/scss/foundation";
Is there any tutorial that describes how to setup foundation/scss with node-sass?
Here is my node-sass script from package.json:
"scss": "node-sass --watch assets/scss/ --output assets/css/ --recursive"
}

You commented on Andrew Grant's post 11 months

Hey there,
congratulations to the new XY grid, it really looks awesome and will push Foundation to the next level!
I would like to introduce it into my existing projects right now - but how can I actually use the XY grid besides the float grid within the same project? If I try to create a custom download with both grid types included, I am allowed to select only one kind of grid (there is just a radio input):
http://foundation.zurb.com/sites/download.html/#customizeFoundation
Regards from GermanyDominik

You commented on Dominik Scholz's post almost 3 years

Manually attaching the event handler via browser console works just fine, THANKS a lot!

But still I'm wondering, what could be the mistake, as there are no javascript errors shown in console. I didn't change anything, except for switching foundation versions and changing the event handler from "open.fndtn" to "open.fndtn.reveal" (to correspond to the new framework version).

Gonna have a rummage now to spot the error...

You commented on Dominik Scholz's post almost 3 years

Thanks for your reply, I3x! Even if this post is 2 months old, the problem is still the same over here.

I now tried it once again, using your v5.5.0 and current v5.5.2 (fresh download from this website) - no chance to get the open.fndtn.reveal event fired. This is really weird, as the event does not seem to be fired at all. Here's my code:

$(document).on('open.fndtn', '[data-reveal]', function(){
    console.log('test');
    var modal = $(this);
    keywords_tmp = $("textarea[name='ste_keywords']").val();
    $("#vorschlaege").html('<div class="columns">...</div>');
    if($("#ste_eingabe_komfort").prop('checked')){
        bewerberprofil_tmp = tinymce.get('ste_infotext_3').getContent();
        stellenprofil_tmp = tinymce.get('ste_infotext_2').getContent();
    }else{
        bewerberprofil_tmp = tinymce.get('ste_infotext').getContent();
        stellenprofil_tmp = '';
    };
    $.post("front_content.php?idart=309",{
        titel: $("input[name='ste_bezeichnung']").val(),
        text1: bewerberprofil_tmp,
        text2: stellenprofil_tmp
    },function(data){
        var keywords = $.parseJSON(data);
        if(keywords.length > 0){
            $("#vorschlaege").html('');
            $.each(keywords,function(index,value){
                if(value != null){
                    if(value.length > maxL){
                        value_tmp = value.substr(0,maxL) + '...';
                    }else{
                        value_tmp = value;
                    };
                    $("#vorschlaege").append('<div class="medium-6 columns vorschlag"><input type="checkbox" checked="checked" id="vorschlag_'+index+'" value="'+value+'" /><label for="vorschlag_'+index+'" title="'+value+'">'+value_tmp+'</label></div>');
                };
            });
        }else{
            $("#vorschlaege").html("Für Ihre Stellenbeschreibung konnten keine Schlagwörter generiert werden.<br />Sie können es erneut versuchen, indem Sie den Schlagwort-Generator noch einmal aufrufen.");
        };
    });
});

As you can see, I inserted a console.log() at the very beginning, but it does not show up in the console window.

You commented on Dominik Scholz's post about 3 years

We would really appreciate it if someone could provide a solution to this problem. Is it just a bug in Foundation v5.5.2 or are we doing something wrong?

Communication is rather chewy in this forum... :-((

Alright, thanks for fixing it that quickly :-)

I'm not even sure if it is a good idea to make the placeholder color configurable, as probably only few users will make use of it. Myself, I have never changed that color in my past projects because it has always been just suitable (light grey with ~ 50 % opacity).

Why make something configurable when it's already fine?

Anybody experiencing the same problem maybe?

CSS above comes from foundation/css/foundation.css, but browsers' default value is just black / #000000 (adding ~ 50 % opacity).

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content