Menu icon Foundation

Developer

My Posts

Replies
  • Reveal events called twice

By JCJ80

reveal-modalrevealcalls

I have bound to the closed and closed events with the Reveal modal and they get called twice when one Reveal is closed. There is an example here http://www.englishnoble.co.uk/foundation.html - click on the button labelled 'Reveal Me' I have called a... (continued)

Last Reply by JCJ80 about 5 years ago

My Comments

JCJ80 commented on Carol's post almost 5 years

Did you fix this yourself? I can't see anything obviously wrong or not working.

JCJ80 commented on JCJ80's post about 5 years

I was thinking that a hack like that would be required and that is a lot more graceful than how I would have written it.

I have not needed to follow this through as in the end I didn't use the events, but what I did see was the reveal js calling .trigger() for the legacy event and the new one, so I don't know if there was an issue with the trigger call that meant the events were picked up twice when bound.

JCJ80 commented on JCJ80's post about 5 years

modal.trigger('open').trigger('open.fndtn.reveal');

It appears this line is the one that triggers both events, and if bound in the method mentioned on the help docs you end up with 2 calls.

Is it possible I am missing something or not understanding it correctly, or should it only trigger one event?

JCJ80 commented on aj's post about 5 years

I spent a lot of time restyling the topbar with CSS overrides, in the end it was taking too long and I knew it wasn't the way to do it.

So from what I had learnt about responsiveness etc I decided to go alone and create a new top to look and feel how I needed to.

Then after that I read this posting http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/11597-how-to-install-grunt-and-libsass-on-windows

If I had read that before it would have saved me some time and you could do what K Lim suggested, which is unbelievably straight forward (once you get it up and running)

JCJ80 commented on Rafi Benkual's post about 5 years

I like it and would only change the colour base of the shadow possibly.

Whenever in focus you want styling that is going to alert the user but not over do it and change the look of the input too much.

Maybe a slight colour fade looping on the border..

JCJ80 commented on ANGELA ROGERS's post about 5 years

I use VS2012 and beyond dropping the CSS and JS into the relevant folders I haven't done anything special.

What do you want to achieve with VS and foundation?

JCJ80 commented on ANGELA ROGERS's post about 5 years

I create web projects using VB and Foundation. Foundation handles the front end framework, you can happily use VB for your code behind.

JCJ80 commented on Steven Delahunty's post about 5 years

I was just doing the install last night and in some cases I had to make sure the directories were added to your environment path as described in the step by step guide below.

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/11597-how-to-install-grunt-and-libsass-on-windows

Windows 8 was putting bower etc into the Roaming directory, i wasn't sure you could specify a directory for it to go to so I left it and worked from there.

JCJ80 commented on Tom Hogan's post about 5 years

Just going through the steps and got to installing bower. I am doing this on Windows 8, but it appears that Bower is installed in the Roaming folder in Users.

Had to add the path to the bower command in the Environment path.

Might be helpful to anyone who got a little stuck like me and is doubting their ability to follow well laid out instructions :-)

JCJ80 commented on Pablo's post over 5 years

Are you using Jquery UI Draggable?

I have used it a few times with Foundation based pages and it works fine for me

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Carol's post almost 5 years

Did you fix this yourself? I can't see anything obviously wrong or not working.

You commented on JCJ80's post about 5 years

I was thinking that a hack like that would be required and that is a lot more graceful than how I would have written it.

I have not needed to follow this through as in the end I didn't use the events, but what I did see was the reveal js calling .trigger() for the legacy event and the new one, so I don't know if there was an issue with the trigger call that meant the events were picked up twice when bound.

You commented on JCJ80's post about 5 years

modal.trigger('open').trigger('open.fndtn.reveal');

It appears this line is the one that triggers both events, and if bound in the method mentioned on the help docs you end up with 2 calls.

Is it possible I am missing something or not understanding it correctly, or should it only trigger one event?

You commented on aj's post about 5 years

I spent a lot of time restyling the topbar with CSS overrides, in the end it was taking too long and I knew it wasn't the way to do it.

So from what I had learnt about responsiveness etc I decided to go alone and create a new top to look and feel how I needed to.

Then after that I read this posting http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/11597-how-to-install-grunt-and-libsass-on-windows

If I had read that before it would have saved me some time and you could do what K Lim suggested, which is unbelievably straight forward (once you get it up and running)

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post about 5 years

I like it and would only change the colour base of the shadow possibly.

Whenever in focus you want styling that is going to alert the user but not over do it and change the look of the input too much.

Maybe a slight colour fade looping on the border..

You commented on ANGELA ROGERS's post about 5 years

I use VS2012 and beyond dropping the CSS and JS into the relevant folders I haven't done anything special.

What do you want to achieve with VS and foundation?

You commented on ANGELA ROGERS's post about 5 years

I create web projects using VB and Foundation. Foundation handles the front end framework, you can happily use VB for your code behind.

You commented on Steven Delahunty's post about 5 years

I was just doing the install last night and in some cases I had to make sure the directories were added to your environment path as described in the step by step guide below.

http://foundation.zurb.com/forum/posts/11597-how-to-install-grunt-and-libsass-on-windows

Windows 8 was putting bower etc into the Roaming directory, i wasn't sure you could specify a directory for it to go to so I left it and worked from there.

You commented on Tom Hogan's post about 5 years

Just going through the steps and got to installing bower. I am doing this on Windows 8, but it appears that Bower is installed in the Roaming folder in Users.

Had to add the path to the bower command in the Environment path.

Might be helpful to anyone who got a little stuck like me and is doubting their ability to follow well laid out instructions :-)

You commented on Pablo's post over 5 years

Are you using Jquery UI Draggable?

I have used it a few times with Foundation based pages and it works fine for me

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content