Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Louisville, OH

IBM i, Apache, ZendServer, PHP, RPG, SQL

My Posts

• Reveal-modal issue at 5.2.0

By Bryan Leaman

revealmodal

I just updated from v. 5.0.2 to 5.2.0 and for some reason my reveal-modal boxes are now coming in grayed out just like the background is supposed to be. Has anyone else had (and fixed) this issue? Seems to be the result of .reveal-modal-bg and .reveal-... (continued)

Last Reply by Rafi Benkual over 5 years ago

My Comments

Bryan Leaman commented on ndh's post over 5 years

I think Asif's response will work properly. What I did was wherever I had "large-n small-m columns" I changed it to "large-n medium-n small-m columns" to duplicate the large grid layout to the medium grid. And on a couple key pages I made slight variations between small & large, which is wonderful to be able to do out-of-the-box!
--Bryan

Bryan Leaman commented on Kari's post over 5 years

Thanks, Laura Abro! Works for me.
--Bryan

Bryan Leaman commented on Neil Haskins's post over 5 years

I've tried changing the top-bar breakpoint using the "Customize Foundation" process, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I see two differences in the CSS where a width designation changed and no javascript differences at all. Surely something else has to be different, doesn't it? The customized version appears to be breaking at exactly the same place as the original. I want it to break around 70em instead of 62.5em.

Bryan Leaman commented on Lynda Spangler's post over 5 years

ShadowDanser: Is the "this" in " $(this).serialize()," referencing a form or an form element? Does "data: $(this.form).serialize()," work better?

Depending on what event is triggering your ajax call, you may also need to add 'onsubmit="javascript:return false;" ' to the form.

Bryan Leaman commented on Lynda Spangler's post over 5 years

I liked the professional look the custom radio buttons and checkboxes provided in Foundation 4 and am disappointed that they no longer work and that I have to revisit my code if I eventually choose to "upgrade" (or is it downgrade?) to Foundation 5. Wasn't it always our choice to utilize the custom forms by adding the "custom" class to the form element? Seems to me a better "upgrade" would've been to provide a "custom-if-large" or similar class, and if a developer doesn't want the custom forms on larger tablet devices either, then don't use the class at all.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on ndh's post over 5 years

I think Asif's response will work properly. What I did was wherever I had "large-n small-m columns" I changed it to "large-n medium-n small-m columns" to duplicate the large grid layout to the medium grid. And on a couple key pages I made slight variations between small & large, which is wonderful to be able to do out-of-the-box!
--Bryan

You commented on Kari's post over 5 years

Thanks, Laura Abro! Works for me.
--Bryan

You commented on Neil Haskins's post over 5 years

I've tried changing the top-bar breakpoint using the "Customize Foundation" process, but it doesn't seem to have any effect. I see two differences in the CSS where a width designation changed and no javascript differences at all. Surely something else has to be different, doesn't it? The customized version appears to be breaking at exactly the same place as the original. I want it to break around 70em instead of 62.5em.

You commented on Lynda Spangler's post over 5 years

ShadowDanser: Is the "this" in " $(this).serialize()," referencing a form or an form element? Does "data: $(this.form).serialize()," work better?

Depending on what event is triggering your ajax call, you may also need to add 'onsubmit="javascript:return false;" ' to the form.

You commented on Lynda Spangler's post over 5 years

I liked the professional look the custom radio buttons and checkboxes provided in Foundation 4 and am disappointed that they no longer work and that I have to revisit my code if I eventually choose to "upgrade" (or is it downgrade?) to Foundation 5. Wasn't it always our choice to utilize the custom forms by adding the "custom" class to the form element? Seems to me a better "upgrade" would've been to provide a "custom-if-large" or similar class, and if a developer doesn't want the custom forms on larger tablet devices either, then don't use the class at all.

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content