Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Max Rockbin commented on Martin Leib's post over 2 years

This would be more helpful if you clarified 
-Which package.json?  There are many in the my Foundation 6.4.1 project directory if I do a search.  Where is the one you are referring to?

-Why does this not use the Foundation CLI?  There is a Foundation update command.
Though when I run it it doesn't seem to do anything.
6.4.2 is supposed to be out according to Foundation twitter.  All I want to know is how to go from 6.4.1 -> 6.4.2
It seems like that should be at the top of your docs somewhere, but I'm not finding it. 
I tried running 
npm update
And coughed a hairball (lots of errors) after destroying the install of foundation in my project (recoverable, but annoying).
Thank You

Max Rockbin commented on Max Rockbin's post over 5 years

The whole concept of Mobile First is that the basic core of what a user needs is present in the mobile version. If you have more space in tablet or desktop formats, you can elaborate and include more info and features on the same single page. In my case, I have a shorter blurb describing a property on my mobile view, but on the desktop view, there is naturally more text. That text might be thought of as "hidden" from the mobile view since it is present in the HTML but simply not displayed when the viewport is small.

SO I do have duplicate content in the sense that the shorter blurb and the longer blurb cover the same material and both are in the same HTML. But only one is displayed to any given user.

My site is not a blog. It is an Apartment Management site. It includes a list of available apartments with a description in both mobile and larger views. Those views simply don't have identical content, though they describe the same thing. For example, I use Foundation's Interchange to display a smaller thumbnail on mobile. Similarly I use the "small-only" and "medium-up" options to display different content to different devices.

So, let's look at a simple case:
A great little courtyard apartment
A wonderful courtyard garden community just blocks from Forest Park, offering hardwood floors, Spanish tile, and one of the best locations in Portland etc etc etc blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda lorem lorem lorem

In both cases the microdata would be essentially a "description" of a product or an offer. Should I apply the microdata to both? To just the longer? I dunno. Hence my question.

(right now my page is running at 95% on pingdom, so bloat from a little extra text is not an issue).

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Martin Leib's post over 2 years

This would be more helpful if you clarified 
-Which package.json?  There are many in the my Foundation 6.4.1 project directory if I do a search.  Where is the one you are referring to?

-Why does this not use the Foundation CLI?  There is a Foundation update command.
Though when I run it it doesn't seem to do anything.
6.4.2 is supposed to be out according to Foundation twitter.  All I want to know is how to go from 6.4.1 -> 6.4.2
It seems like that should be at the top of your docs somewhere, but I'm not finding it. 
I tried running 
npm update
And coughed a hairball (lots of errors) after destroying the install of foundation in my project (recoverable, but annoying).
Thank You

You commented on Max Rockbin's post over 5 years

The whole concept of Mobile First is that the basic core of what a user needs is present in the mobile version. If you have more space in tablet or desktop formats, you can elaborate and include more info and features on the same single page. In my case, I have a shorter blurb describing a property on my mobile view, but on the desktop view, there is naturally more text. That text might be thought of as "hidden" from the mobile view since it is present in the HTML but simply not displayed when the viewport is small.

SO I do have duplicate content in the sense that the shorter blurb and the longer blurb cover the same material and both are in the same HTML. But only one is displayed to any given user.

My site is not a blog. It is an Apartment Management site. It includes a list of available apartments with a description in both mobile and larger views. Those views simply don't have identical content, though they describe the same thing. For example, I use Foundation's Interchange to display a smaller thumbnail on mobile. Similarly I use the "small-only" and "medium-up" options to display different content to different devices.

So, let's look at a simple case:
A great little courtyard apartment
A wonderful courtyard garden community just blocks from Forest Park, offering hardwood floors, Spanish tile, and one of the best locations in Portland etc etc etc blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda lorem lorem lorem

In both cases the microdata would be essentially a "description" of a product or an offer. Should I apply the microdata to both? To just the longer? I dunno. Hence my question.

(right now my page is running at 95% on pingdom, so bloat from a little extra text is not an issue).

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content