Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Geoff Kimball commented on Eric Richardson's post over 3 years

@Jamie Totten Do you get an error, or does nothing happen?

Geoff Kimball commented on Geraldine Thomas's post over 3 years

Nice, happy to help :)

Geoff Kimball commented on Tim Hengeveld's post over 3 years

We can update the library to print a number multiplied by 100, so there's no dot in the name. I'll let you know when an update is out!

Geoff Kimball commented on Geraldine Thomas's post over 3 years

When you set up the project, were there any errors? At the end there are three status checks, and all three would have been green, or one of them may have been red if there was an error.

If there weren't any errors, try running npm i gulp to reinstall Gulp. The error is related to a package Gulp is trying to load internally.

Geoff Kimball commented on Lowell Allen's post over 3 years

Which template are you using, the Basic Template or the ZURB Template? The ZURB Template has sourcemaps for Sass enabled. What this means is that you're browser's web inspector will point to the Sass files related to CSS, versions the line number of the compiled CSS. This makes it easy to see what Sass is printing what CSS, without having to dig through the line number comments in your CSS file.

Geoff Kimball commented on Klevis Miho's post over 3 years

Run npm run build. That will do a one-time build with a special --production flag turned on, which enables CSS compression, JavaScript compression, and image compression.

Geoff Kimball commented on Arkarys's post over 3 years

The team behind Assemble, a Node-based static site generator, maintains a huge library of helpers. You might look there for some inspiration:

https://github.com/assemble/handlebars-helpers/tree/master/lib/helpers

Geoff Kimball commented on Brock's post over 3 years

It won't affect anything. Gulp is a Node library, and installs to the gulp command, while Compass is a Ruby library, and installs to the compass command.

If it's the Basic Template, open gulpfile.js and edit the sass task to have Sass compress the output.

gulp.task('sass', function() {
  return gulp.src('scss/app.scss')
    .pipe($.sass({
      includePaths: sassPaths,
      // Right here!
      outputStyle: 'compressed'
    })
      .on('error', $.sass.logError))
    .pipe($.autoprefixer({
      browsers: ['last 2 versions', 'ie >= 9']
    }))
    .pipe(gulp.dest('css'));
});

If it's the ZURB Template, production builds are built-in. Run npm run build and Gulp will do a one-time build that compresses your CSS, JavaScript, and images.

How did you install the project? With a plain CSS download or with one of our Sass templates?

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Eric Richardson's post over 3 years

@Jamie Totten Do you get an error, or does nothing happen?

You commented on Geraldine Thomas's post over 3 years

Nice, happy to help :)

You commented on Tim Hengeveld's post over 3 years

We can update the library to print a number multiplied by 100, so there's no dot in the name. I'll let you know when an update is out!

You commented on Geraldine Thomas's post over 3 years

When you set up the project, were there any errors? At the end there are three status checks, and all three would have been green, or one of them may have been red if there was an error.

If there weren't any errors, try running npm i gulp to reinstall Gulp. The error is related to a package Gulp is trying to load internally.

You commented on Lowell Allen's post over 3 years

Which template are you using, the Basic Template or the ZURB Template? The ZURB Template has sourcemaps for Sass enabled. What this means is that you're browser's web inspector will point to the Sass files related to CSS, versions the line number of the compiled CSS. This makes it easy to see what Sass is printing what CSS, without having to dig through the line number comments in your CSS file.

You commented on Klevis Miho's post over 3 years

Run npm run build. That will do a one-time build with a special --production flag turned on, which enables CSS compression, JavaScript compression, and image compression.

You commented on Arkarys's post over 3 years

The team behind Assemble, a Node-based static site generator, maintains a huge library of helpers. You might look there for some inspiration:

https://github.com/assemble/handlebars-helpers/tree/master/lib/helpers

You commented on Brock's post over 3 years

It won't affect anything. Gulp is a Node library, and installs to the gulp command, while Compass is a Ruby library, and installs to the compass command.

If it's the Basic Template, open gulpfile.js and edit the sass task to have Sass compress the output.

gulp.task('sass', function() {
  return gulp.src('scss/app.scss')
    .pipe($.sass({
      includePaths: sassPaths,
      // Right here!
      outputStyle: 'compressed'
    })
      .on('error', $.sass.logError))
    .pipe($.autoprefixer({
      browsers: ['last 2 versions', 'ie >= 9']
    }))
    .pipe(gulp.dest('css'));
});

If it's the ZURB Template, production builds are built-in. Run npm run build and Gulp will do a one-time build that compresses your CSS, JavaScript, and images.

How did you install the project? With a plain CSS download or with one of our Sass templates?

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content