Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

Geoff Kimball commented on Bor Kolaric's post almost 3 years

I pulled in your fix, Marc—thanks!

Geoff Kimball commented on phil's post almost 3 years

@phil Isolated as in, the HTML for each series is separate.

<div class="series-one">
  <div class="series-one-1"></div>
  <div class="series-one-2"></div>
  <div class="series-one-3"></div>
</div>

<div class="series-two">
  <div class="series-two-1"></div>
  <div class="series-two-2"></div>
  <div class="series-two-3"></div>
</div>

So the .is-animating class goes on the wrapper element for each.

Geoff Kimball commented on Deryck Oñate's post almost 3 years

From npm version 2 to 3, the way packages are installed changed.

It used to be, if you had 18 dependencies, you got 18 folders inside node_modules, and then each of those folders had folders for its dependencies, and so on and so forth.

With npm 3, only one instance of each dependency is installed, and they're all put in one big list. This makes file paths shorter (a problem for Windows users), and reduces the file size of the node_modules folder by cutting down on duplicate installs of packages.

Geoff Kimball commented on Rafi Benkual's post almost 3 years

Hey friends! Thanks so much for giving your feedback and airing your frustrations. Responsive navigation is a challenging problem to solve, and as we continue to see how the patterns are being used in the real world, we get closer to being able to provide solutions that work better for more of our audience.

Here are a few themes I'm seeing in these comments:

• It's buggy, although that's a given. Most recently we've had issues with dropdown menus not fanning out in the right direction, which @Kevin Ball and I are working to resolve.
  • The various pieces aren't explained well enough. We set out to create a modular system of navigation components, but it sounds like we haven't done a good enough job laying out the pieces. We have a Navigation overview page that breaks down every piece, so we likely need to refine this page and steer more people to it first.
  • There aren't enough examples showing how it all fits together. For example, the pieces to make the old Top Bar are in there, but we don't have a concrete example living on the documentation itself. Ideally we'd have a set of various navigation recipes that we can direct people to. We have Building Blocks, but that's a big site with a lot of patterns, so important stuff like this could get lost. And we also don't currently promote Building Blocks in the documentation.

We're releasing Foundation 6.2 at the end of next week, which will have some of these fixes implemented. After that, we'll take a hard look at these patterns and how we can better illustrate their value for our developers.

Thanks again for the feedback! :)

Geoff Kimball commented on phil's post almost 3 years

@saxafrass The two series will use the same activator class (maybe we'll make that configurable at some point?), but as long as the HTML for the two series is isolated, one won't affect the other.

Geoff Kimball commented on Jonas's post almost 3 years

You'll have to add a little extra code, because the structure of the project is fairly rigid.

Find the copy task in the gulpfile.js and add this at the top of the function, above the existing code:

gulp.src('src/.htaccess')
  .pipe(gulp.dest('dist/'))

That will copy .htaccess from the root of your src folder to the root of your dist folder.

Geoff Kimball commented on Jonas's post almost 3 years

Which starter project are you using? The Basic Template or ZURB Template?

Geoff Kimball commented on kool's post almost 3 years

Try running bower install and see if that resolves it. You might be missing some Foundation framework files.

Geoff Kimball commented on Eric Richardson's post almost 3 years

@Jamie Totten Awesome, good to hear!

Geoff Kimball commented on Eric Richardson's post almost 3 years

@Phoenix H. Nice, glad you were able to find a solution.

The bug came from the library update-notifier, which the CLI uses.

It may point to an issue with your Node configuration. I'd recommend reading npm's guide on fixing permission issues.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Node Modules

By Deryck Oñate

npm-installpackage.json

Hi, It´s fine that when I run npm install I get installed 571 modules in node_modules instead of 18 devDependencies located in package.json file included in Zurb Foundation Template? I attach images from Terminal and Finder with show installation pr... (continued)

Last Reply by Philip Cook almost 3 years ago

Replies
  • Error during compilation

By kool

zurbSassutil

I am a beginner here. when i use this in command line " sudo foundation watch " i am getting below error Error in plugin 'sass' Message: src/assets/scss/_settings.scss Error: File to import not found or unreadable: util/util on line 42 of ... (continued)

Last Reply by Lukas Hillebrand about 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

No Content

My Comments

You commented on Bor Kolaric's post almost 3 years

I pulled in your fix, Marc—thanks!

You commented on phil's post almost 3 years

@phil Isolated as in, the HTML for each series is separate.

<div class="series-one">
  <div class="series-one-1"></div>
  <div class="series-one-2"></div>
  <div class="series-one-3"></div>
</div>

<div class="series-two">
  <div class="series-two-1"></div>
  <div class="series-two-2"></div>
  <div class="series-two-3"></div>
</div>

So the .is-animating class goes on the wrapper element for each.

You commented on Deryck Oñate's post almost 3 years

From npm version 2 to 3, the way packages are installed changed.

It used to be, if you had 18 dependencies, you got 18 folders inside node_modules, and then each of those folders had folders for its dependencies, and so on and so forth.

With npm 3, only one instance of each dependency is installed, and they're all put in one big list. This makes file paths shorter (a problem for Windows users), and reduces the file size of the node_modules folder by cutting down on duplicate installs of packages.

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post almost 3 years

Hey friends! Thanks so much for giving your feedback and airing your frustrations. Responsive navigation is a challenging problem to solve, and as we continue to see how the patterns are being used in the real world, we get closer to being able to provide solutions that work better for more of our audience.

Here are a few themes I'm seeing in these comments:

• It's buggy, although that's a given. Most recently we've had issues with dropdown menus not fanning out in the right direction, which @Kevin Ball and I are working to resolve.
  • The various pieces aren't explained well enough. We set out to create a modular system of navigation components, but it sounds like we haven't done a good enough job laying out the pieces. We have a Navigation overview page that breaks down every piece, so we likely need to refine this page and steer more people to it first.
  • There aren't enough examples showing how it all fits together. For example, the pieces to make the old Top Bar are in there, but we don't have a concrete example living on the documentation itself. Ideally we'd have a set of various navigation recipes that we can direct people to. We have Building Blocks, but that's a big site with a lot of patterns, so important stuff like this could get lost. And we also don't currently promote Building Blocks in the documentation.

We're releasing Foundation 6.2 at the end of next week, which will have some of these fixes implemented. After that, we'll take a hard look at these patterns and how we can better illustrate their value for our developers.

Thanks again for the feedback! :)

You commented on phil's post almost 3 years

@saxafrass The two series will use the same activator class (maybe we'll make that configurable at some point?), but as long as the HTML for the two series is isolated, one won't affect the other.

You commented on Jonas's post almost 3 years

You'll have to add a little extra code, because the structure of the project is fairly rigid.

Find the copy task in the gulpfile.js and add this at the top of the function, above the existing code:

gulp.src('src/.htaccess')
  .pipe(gulp.dest('dist/'))

That will copy .htaccess from the root of your src folder to the root of your dist folder.

You commented on Jonas's post almost 3 years

Which starter project are you using? The Basic Template or ZURB Template?

You commented on kool's post almost 3 years

Try running bower install and see if that resolves it. You might be missing some Foundation framework files.

You commented on Eric Richardson's post almost 3 years

@Jamie Totten Awesome, good to hear!

You commented on Eric Richardson's post almost 3 years

@Phoenix H. Nice, glad you were able to find a solution.

The bug came from the library update-notifier, which the CLI uses.

It may point to an issue with your Node configuration. I'd recommend reading npm's guide on fixing permission issues.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers