Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Gnosjö

I'm a web developer & graphic designer from Sweden.

My Posts

Replies
  • Portfolio question

By Sebastian Pierre

Hey there! I was wondering what you call the effect that I'm looking for. I'm building my portfolio from scratch implementing Wordpress, too. And I want the portfolio items to be grid-based, however when the visitor clicks it, the item in question shou... (continued)

Last Reply by Sebastian Pierre about 5 years ago

My Comments

Sebastian Pierre commented on Sebastian Pierre's post about 5 years

True, that would be another solution. The idea of this layout was that there was to be a grid of portfolio items filterable through isotope.js with hover-effects showing a looking glass, or a "read more"-statement.

And from there to be clickable, which brings me to the "open in big div"-part. However I'm realizing more and more that loading the info inside an already open div would maybe be better!

Yes okay, this is what I figured it would be. Well I am going to use it together with the PHP loops for content (some project description) and title in Wordpress. Will this work as it does normally using this method?

Seb

Sebastian Pierre commented on Breno Braga's post about 5 years

What do you mean? You don't want different layouts on iPad / iPhone compared to desktop?

Seb

Sebastian Pierre commented on Bridget's post about 5 years

Add the following css:

.name {
margin:0 auto;
}

some people use

.name {
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}

however they will get you the same results.

http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/centering-a-website/

Sebastian Pierre commented on Thomas Fitzgerald's post about 5 years

As the first poster said, the most efficient way to do this is to eliminate the media queries that affect this view. However if you for some reason keep the different stylings in separate files you could also use javascript/jQuery to block the medium.css, though you might aswell delete it, if that's the case!

Oh, and I also want to know how to create it, obviously!

Seb

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Sebastian Pierre's post about 5 years

True, that would be another solution. The idea of this layout was that there was to be a grid of portfolio items filterable through isotope.js with hover-effects showing a looking glass, or a "read more"-statement.

And from there to be clickable, which brings me to the "open in big div"-part. However I'm realizing more and more that loading the info inside an already open div would maybe be better!

Yes okay, this is what I figured it would be. Well I am going to use it together with the PHP loops for content (some project description) and title in Wordpress. Will this work as it does normally using this method?

Seb

You commented on Breno Braga's post about 5 years

What do you mean? You don't want different layouts on iPad / iPhone compared to desktop?

Seb

You commented on Bridget's post about 5 years

Add the following css:

.name {
margin:0 auto;
}

some people use

.name {
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}

however they will get you the same results.

http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/centering-a-website/

You commented on Thomas Fitzgerald's post about 5 years

As the first poster said, the most efficient way to do this is to eliminate the media queries that affect this view. However if you for some reason keep the different stylings in separate files you could also use javascript/jQuery to block the medium.css, though you might aswell delete it, if that's the case!

Oh, and I also want to know how to create it, obviously!

Seb

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content