Menu icon Foundation

Designer | Southern Cali

I like to do things

My Posts

My Comments

Jordan Gonzales commented on Jordan Gonzales's post over 5 years

Hey Brandon, thanks for the response! I looked into doing that, but wasn't sure which method I preferred more... So I kinda flipped a coin and went with it. Ha!

Anyone else run into this?

Jordan Gonzales commented on Shmoo's post over 5 years

Its my understanding that you still need to load the core files for the plug-ins to work. However, I have not tried to load plug-ins without the core script.

Jordan Gonzales commented on Shmoo's post over 5 years

I see modernizr, jQuery and foundation.tab loaded. But where and when do you actually load the real foundation file?

In order to use the tabs you also have to include foundation...

<head>
.... modernizr.js
.... Google's jQuery.2.0.3.min.js 
</head>

.... foundation.js
<script>
(function ($) {
  $(document).foundation();
});
</script>
</body>
</html>

Well, as an interim solution I'm just not going to use Magellan. Really bummed!

Jordan Gonzales commented on Damian's post over 5 years

I would say yes - you should be able to simply overwrite the existing foundation files. But if you're in a production environment, it never hurts to make a backup copy just in case.

For my Foundation apps, I manually set everything up so I know where exactly everything is.

Jordan Gonzales commented on Mhairi Longmuir's post over 5 years

It works on hover for me on the Docs page.

What browser and operating system are you running?

Jordan Gonzales commented on Joe Workman's post over 5 years

Rafi,

In the context in which this forum system is used in this particular instance, I would be hard pressed to find a better way to categorize your support forums. :)

However, in my blog website that I'm building, I too will be using tags (for categorizing my blogs) and one of the things I intend on implementing is a sort of "side" navigation where the most frequently used tags will be listed (sort of as a navigational box) -- this could be useful here too! It may add perspective for new users who don't know what tags to click on (or search for.)

Cheers,
Jordan

Rafi, thanks for the response.

I'm using the latest version of Foundation for this project -- I downloaded it yesterday.

I just uploaded a sample preview to my soon-to-be website blog:

http://jordangonzales.com/ (Making decent progress with Foundation! :D)

It should flicker for you if you scroll with the mouse-wheel. The only thing I changed in Magellen is the padding (0px).

Edit: forgot to mention, I tested the flicker issues in both Chrome and IE 10.

Jordan Gonzales commented on Joe Workman's post over 5 years

I'm actually not a big fan of the lack of categorization (although I realize this is primarily one category: support/assistance).

If they gave the forums a bit more structure, I'd say it has great potential.

I also plan on developing a forum system using Foundation for a responsive forum system. (Right now I'm getting my hands wet using it to build a custom MVC blog!)

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Jordan Gonzales's post over 5 years

Hey Brandon, thanks for the response! I looked into doing that, but wasn't sure which method I preferred more... So I kinda flipped a coin and went with it. Ha!

Anyone else run into this?

You commented on Shmoo's post over 5 years

Its my understanding that you still need to load the core files for the plug-ins to work. However, I have not tried to load plug-ins without the core script.

You commented on Shmoo's post over 5 years

I see modernizr, jQuery and foundation.tab loaded. But where and when do you actually load the real foundation file?

In order to use the tabs you also have to include foundation...

<head>
.... modernizr.js
.... Google's jQuery.2.0.3.min.js 
</head>

.... foundation.js
<script>
(function ($) {
  $(document).foundation();
});
</script>
</body>
</html>

Well, as an interim solution I'm just not going to use Magellan. Really bummed!

You commented on Damian's post over 5 years

I would say yes - you should be able to simply overwrite the existing foundation files. But if you're in a production environment, it never hurts to make a backup copy just in case.

For my Foundation apps, I manually set everything up so I know where exactly everything is.

You commented on Mhairi Longmuir's post over 5 years

It works on hover for me on the Docs page.

What browser and operating system are you running?

You commented on Joe Workman's post over 5 years

Rafi,

In the context in which this forum system is used in this particular instance, I would be hard pressed to find a better way to categorize your support forums. :)

However, in my blog website that I'm building, I too will be using tags (for categorizing my blogs) and one of the things I intend on implementing is a sort of "side" navigation where the most frequently used tags will be listed (sort of as a navigational box) -- this could be useful here too! It may add perspective for new users who don't know what tags to click on (or search for.)

Cheers,
Jordan

Rafi, thanks for the response.

I'm using the latest version of Foundation for this project -- I downloaded it yesterday.

I just uploaded a sample preview to my soon-to-be website blog:

http://jordangonzales.com/ (Making decent progress with Foundation! :D)

It should flicker for you if you scroll with the mouse-wheel. The only thing I changed in Magellen is the padding (0px).

Edit: forgot to mention, I tested the flicker issues in both Chrome and IE 10.

You commented on Joe Workman's post over 5 years

I'm actually not a big fan of the lack of categorization (although I realize this is primarily one category: support/assistance).

If they gave the forums a bit more structure, I'd say it has great potential.

I also plan on developing a forum system using Foundation for a responsive forum system. (Right now I'm getting my hands wet using it to build a custom MVC blog!)

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content