Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Folsom, CA

I work mostly in WordPress and absolutely love what Zurb and Foundation have done for the community.

My Posts

Replies
  • Overlap Foundation Divs

By Joshua Smith

positionoverlap

What is the Foundation way to overlap divs that have widths already set? I am trying not to use absolute positioning if I can avoid it. I would like one prominent center image with the other two smaller and behind the centered image. I thought ther... (continued)

Last Reply by Paul Kirby over 1 year ago

My Comments

Joshua Smith commented on Joshua Smith's post over 3 years

Oooohhh, I thought .grid-frame was only ever applied once per app. I think it needs to be added once per page or template.

No, the tutorial uses the CLI and I did too.

I think my problem comes from the fact that I didn't realize that there is a foundation for Apps template. I was comparing my gulpfile to stable on the actual framework.

Oh, wow. I didn't realize that there is a template version.

The tutorials I am looking at is the Tuts+ Up and Running with Foundation for Apps.
http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/courses/up-and-running-with-foundation-for-apps
specifically in lesson 2.2

Joshua Smith commented on Andraž's post over 3 years

I'm experiencing the same thing. I think it has to do with the gulp.task on ~line: 146.

The app is getting rebuilt each time you start the command in the Terminal and run a server.

Joshua Smith commented on Ruan Hanekom's post over 3 years

I had a similar incident and ended up just commenting out fastclick.js.

Joshua Smith commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 3 years

I always thought there was this drawback of UnCSS that is removes things that aren't necessarily used now but will be used eventually.

As in, jQuery adds a class that isn't currently in the HTML but will be once that particular event fires.

I'm going to stay tuned in to this.

Joshua Smith commented on Douglas F's post over 3 years

Are you sure you have libsass installed? Did you reinstall it like the error suggests? I would make sure my home computer has all the same requirements that my work computer has installed. I know recently there was some conflicting versions of node and libsass.

I would verify, if you haven't already, your versions and if those versions are compatible with each other.

When I am add 1.9+ to the site, I start getting a lot of errors in the console. Errors like g.getAttribute is not a function (or something similar). I am trying not to break deeply buried jquery and just make the site responsive.

I remember seeing 1.9 as well. I am asking because I am adding Foundation to a site that requires 1.4 and I don't think I can add two versions of jQuery.

I was hoping that the equalizer functionality would work with 1.4 but it doesn't seem to in its current configuration.

In my particular case, I failed to initialize foundation properly. My particular website that I am rebuilding failed to initialize any js even though the files and functions were in place. I think this is a one-off where a series of debugging steps identified the problem.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Joshua Smith's post over 3 years

Oooohhh, I thought .grid-frame was only ever applied once per app. I think it needs to be added once per page or template.

No, the tutorial uses the CLI and I did too.

I think my problem comes from the fact that I didn't realize that there is a foundation for Apps template. I was comparing my gulpfile to stable on the actual framework.

Oh, wow. I didn't realize that there is a template version.

The tutorials I am looking at is the Tuts+ Up and Running with Foundation for Apps.
http://webdesign.tutsplus.com/courses/up-and-running-with-foundation-for-apps
specifically in lesson 2.2

You commented on Andraž's post over 3 years

I'm experiencing the same thing. I think it has to do with the gulp.task on ~line: 146.

The app is getting rebuilt each time you start the command in the Terminal and run a server.

You commented on Ruan Hanekom's post over 3 years

I had a similar incident and ended up just commenting out fastclick.js.

You commented on Rafi Benkual's post over 3 years

I always thought there was this drawback of UnCSS that is removes things that aren't necessarily used now but will be used eventually.

As in, jQuery adds a class that isn't currently in the HTML but will be once that particular event fires.

I'm going to stay tuned in to this.

You commented on Douglas F's post over 3 years

Are you sure you have libsass installed? Did you reinstall it like the error suggests? I would make sure my home computer has all the same requirements that my work computer has installed. I know recently there was some conflicting versions of node and libsass.

I would verify, if you haven't already, your versions and if those versions are compatible with each other.

When I am add 1.9+ to the site, I start getting a lot of errors in the console. Errors like g.getAttribute is not a function (or something similar). I am trying not to break deeply buried jquery and just make the site responsive.

I remember seeing 1.9 as well. I am asking because I am adding Foundation to a site that requires 1.4 and I don't think I can add two versions of jQuery.

I was hoping that the equalizer functionality would work with 1.4 but it doesn't seem to in its current configuration.

In my particular case, I failed to initialize foundation properly. My particular website that I am rebuilding failed to initialize any js even though the files and functions were in place. I think this is a one-off where a series of debugging steps identified the problem.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content