Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Folsom, CA

I work mostly in WordPress and absolutely love what Zurb and Foundation have done for the community.

My Posts

Replies
  • PHP Partials?

By Joshua Smith

PHPpanini

I am trying to use a php partial an have Panini flatten it to my regular files, which are php too. Each time Gulp runs I get an error that states that the php partial could not be located. Here is the error:   Panini: rendering error ocurred. {... (continued)

Last Reply by John Rush 7 days ago

• Pass a project to another developer

By Joshua Smith

workflow

I am currently developing with Foundation for Sites and need to pass the project on to another developer before my project is complete. I have never done this before. I don't know if I just push every single file up to a repo and let the other devs clo... (continued)

Last Reply by Tim Hartwick over 2 years ago

My Comments

Joshua Smith commented on Joshua Smith's post 10 months

Ok. That's what I figured. Unfortunately, I can't use the Sass version on this project. I'm glad to see others are talking about the same thing though. 

Joshua Smith commented on Jason's post about 1 year

You could specify a new variable next to $anchor-font-color and assign it the color value you need. You could call it something like $anchor-font-color-alt.

Joshua Smith commented on Joshua Smith's post over 1 year

Brian, I went back to your idea about symlinking the default.html file. 

I cut the guts out of the default.html and pasted it into default.php. I then deleted default.html and went back to the terminal to symlink default.php to default.html, as you said for Panini. It worked!
I get my php syntax highlighting and get to use php on the default template. 

Sweet. That worked for me too!
I just need to find a way to make default.html -> default.php
I'm trying to use $_SESSION variables on each page and session_start(); hast to come before any HTML

I wish there was a way to have Gulp do it. 

Nope. The symlink didn't work. Isn't there a way to flatten php files? 

Wouldn't that link be destroyed every time Gulp builds the dist directory?

Thanks for responding Brian. I have a couple of posts here relating to the use of php with F6. I was hoping you'd respond. 
Alas, I already saw your response to another user's questions and I had already made those changes in my Gulpfile.js.
I can't do a few things: use a .php file extension in my partials and change the default.html to default.php. The former would allow me to use leverage syntax highlighting and the power of PHPStorm and the latter would allow me to use php on the home page. 

I'm still experimenting. 

Joshua Smith commented on Joshua Smith's post almost 2 years

@Chris Oyler , Yep you're right. I had them in the right order, but that wasn't my problem.

@James Stone I opened up your app and took a look around. I noticed that you used the Bower version of Firebase where I used the NPM version. I noticed the file I was calling was not at all like the one in the instructions on the Firebase Quickstart page.

Once I used the Bower version of Firebase everything worked correctly. I can add data to my Firebase and it looks really awesome. I am so stoked to get my little app out to the wild.

Both, thanks so much for you help!

Joshua Smith commented on Michael Neumayer's post about 2 years

http://codepen.io/joshsmith01/pen/YyZvJM?editors=110

I think you forgot to close divs.

Joshua Smith commented on Michael Neumayer's post about 2 years

Show us some screenshots or code examples. The community can surely help you but not until we have a starting point.

Posts Followed

• Change the link color

By Jason

link color

Hi, I understand that I can change the link color using $anchor-font-color. However, I have a section of my email that needs to use a different link color because of a change in bg color. So how can I set it up so that I still keep my default color at $an... (continued)

Last Reply by Joshua Smith about 1 year ago

Replies
  • PHP Partials?

By Joshua Smith

PHPpanini

I am trying to use a php partial an have Panini flatten it to my regular files, which are php too. Each time Gulp runs I get an error that states that the php partial could not be located. Here is the error:   Panini: rendering error ocurred. {... (continued)

Last Reply by John Rush 7 days ago

Replies
  • Copying php files into dist (6.x)

By Aaron

PHP

I am trying to upgrade from 5 to 6 and have some php files that simply need to be copied into the dist directory. I apparently don't have a good understanding of gulp, because I can't make this happen. Adding the extension to the pages task looks like i... (continued)

Last Reply by Aaron almost 2 years ago

Replies
  • Grid turns me crazy

By Michael Neumayer

grid

Hello, since hours I try to get a simple grid with four columns but I don't know why I didn't get it. It's crazy. I tried so many settings and now I gave up. It's the first tab "Besteller" on my trial domain multistore.jardino.ch. It's a simpl... (continued)

Last Reply by Michael Neumayer about 2 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Joshua Smith's post 10 months

Ok. That's what I figured. Unfortunately, I can't use the Sass version on this project. I'm glad to see others are talking about the same thing though. 

You commented on Jason's post about 1 year

You could specify a new variable next to $anchor-font-color and assign it the color value you need. You could call it something like $anchor-font-color-alt.

You commented on Joshua Smith's post over 1 year

Brian, I went back to your idea about symlinking the default.html file. 

I cut the guts out of the default.html and pasted it into default.php. I then deleted default.html and went back to the terminal to symlink default.php to default.html, as you said for Panini. It worked!
I get my php syntax highlighting and get to use php on the default template. 

Sweet. That worked for me too!
I just need to find a way to make default.html -> default.php
I'm trying to use $_SESSION variables on each page and session_start(); hast to come before any HTML

I wish there was a way to have Gulp do it. 

Nope. The symlink didn't work. Isn't there a way to flatten php files? 

Wouldn't that link be destroyed every time Gulp builds the dist directory?

Thanks for responding Brian. I have a couple of posts here relating to the use of php with F6. I was hoping you'd respond. 
Alas, I already saw your response to another user's questions and I had already made those changes in my Gulpfile.js.
I can't do a few things: use a .php file extension in my partials and change the default.html to default.php. The former would allow me to use leverage syntax highlighting and the power of PHPStorm and the latter would allow me to use php on the home page. 

I'm still experimenting. 

You commented on Joshua Smith's post almost 2 years

@Chris Oyler , Yep you're right. I had them in the right order, but that wasn't my problem.

@James Stone I opened up your app and took a look around. I noticed that you used the Bower version of Firebase where I used the NPM version. I noticed the file I was calling was not at all like the one in the instructions on the Firebase Quickstart page.

Once I used the Bower version of Firebase everything worked correctly. I can add data to my Firebase and it looks really awesome. I am so stoked to get my little app out to the wild.

Both, thanks so much for you help!

You commented on Michael Neumayer's post about 2 years

http://codepen.io/joshsmith01/pen/YyZvJM?editors=110

I think you forgot to close divs.

You commented on Michael Neumayer's post about 2 years

Show us some screenshots or code examples. The community can surely help you but not until we have a starting point.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers