Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Custom font sizing

By Stephan

font-sizeremcss

I am relativeley new to foundation. So far, I really like the aproach and the well coded foundation.css. It is easy and fast to get nice results. As I am a typography maniac, I need to alternate the font sizes to my likes. I am keen about setting up a ba... (continued)

Last Reply by Will Barker about 5 years ago

My Comments

Stephan commented on Stephan's post about 5 years

Thanks Rafi,
the code is functioning. You're right. I've done this 100000 times and I still got weird results.
(I thought, I must be wrong in some line of code.)

Well, my web-site is running from my iPads homescreen. And THAT was the problem. It was just a cache-issue. ;)
As usual, the solution is quite simple.

There are some cache-issues in some iOS-Versions. Further reading:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3802691?start=0&tstart=0

Cheers
Stephan

Stephan commented on Stephan's post over 5 years

Easy. I can do that. But here is the point: to use the rem sizes more easy and "readable", I d like to set

html { font-size: 62.5%; }.

By doing so, I can use rem in easy to read digits. like font-size: 1.4rem - that would be 14px. <---- super readable!
The problem is, by setting the html to 62.5%, I am making the whole Layout (widths and such) smaller!

Stephan commented on Stephan's post over 5 years

Thanks Brett,

well, I am on the (classic) css side. But I get what you mean. Seems very slick to me.

I am just running into weird layout-changes when I am setting:
CSS
html { font-size: 62.5%; }

So, if I am understanding it right - I ll just let html untouched and go for a px-only solution?

I could set my h1, h2 ... with true px ?
CSS
body {
font-size: 14px;
line-height: 20px;
}
h1 {
font-size: 28px;
line-height: 30px;
}

By using my css like this I could not use my beloved rem... Well. As long as it works?

Cheers
Stephan

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Custom font sizing

By Stephan

font-sizeremcss

I am relativeley new to foundation. So far, I really like the aproach and the well coded foundation.css. It is easy and fast to get nice results. As I am a typography maniac, I need to alternate the font sizes to my likes. I am keen about setting up a ba... (continued)

Last Reply by Will Barker about 5 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Stephan's post about 5 years

Thanks Rafi,
the code is functioning. You're right. I've done this 100000 times and I still got weird results.
(I thought, I must be wrong in some line of code.)

Well, my web-site is running from my iPads homescreen. And THAT was the problem. It was just a cache-issue. ;)
As usual, the solution is quite simple.

There are some cache-issues in some iOS-Versions. Further reading:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3802691?start=0&tstart=0

Cheers
Stephan

You commented on Stephan's post over 5 years

Easy. I can do that. But here is the point: to use the rem sizes more easy and "readable", I d like to set

html { font-size: 62.5%; }.

By doing so, I can use rem in easy to read digits. like font-size: 1.4rem - that would be 14px. <---- super readable!
The problem is, by setting the html to 62.5%, I am making the whole Layout (widths and such) smaller!

You commented on Stephan's post over 5 years

Thanks Brett,

well, I am on the (classic) css side. But I get what you mean. Seems very slick to me.

I am just running into weird layout-changes when I am setting:
CSS
html { font-size: 62.5%; }

So, if I am understanding it right - I ll just let html untouched and go for a px-only solution?

I could set my h1, h2 ... with true px ?
CSS
body {
font-size: 14px;
line-height: 20px;
}
h1 {
font-size: 28px;
line-height: 30px;
}

By using my css like this I could not use my beloved rem... Well. As long as it works?

Cheers
Stephan

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content