Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Lowell Allen commented on Lowell Allen's post over 3 years

After discussing with team I'm now looking for information on how to use gulp-sass for our needs. I have Foundation 6 basic template install in a WordPress parent theme and want all SASS modifications and CSS generation in child theme. I'm experimenting with modifying gulpfile.js to make that happen. Also want to be able to trigger source mapping while in dev.

Lowell Allen commented on Lowell Allen's post almost 5 years

I figured I'd find answer as soon as I posted question — looks like JavaScript in Shopp WordPress plugin is responsible for creating duplicates with those class names.

Lowell Allen commented on Benni's post about 5 years

My team lost a few hours on a Foundation 5.0.2 project when some of us upgraded to Sass 3.4.0 and Compass 1.0.0 (and 1.0.1). Most are back on Sass 3.2.19 and Compass 0.12.6, which compiles CSS as expected. I'll try modifications to _functions.scss and _global.scss as noted above, but can anyone say whether older versions of Sass and Compass will still work after those changes?

Lowell Allen commented on Charles Smith's post over 5 years

I'd like to determine Foundation 5 best practice approach for modifying sizes for h1, h2, etc. Previous versions of Foundation exposed those variables in _settings.scss so they could easily be modified there. Foundation 5 defines those values in _type.scss within the bower_components directory. Should a _custom.scss file be used to override items defined within _type.scss, or would it be better to figure out how to suppress import of _type.scss and bring in all those definitions from a _custom.scss file?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Lowell Allen's post over 3 years

After discussing with team I'm now looking for information on how to use gulp-sass for our needs. I have Foundation 6 basic template install in a WordPress parent theme and want all SASS modifications and CSS generation in child theme. I'm experimenting with modifying gulpfile.js to make that happen. Also want to be able to trigger source mapping while in dev.

You commented on Lowell Allen's post almost 5 years

I figured I'd find answer as soon as I posted question — looks like JavaScript in Shopp WordPress plugin is responsible for creating duplicates with those class names.

You commented on Benni's post about 5 years

My team lost a few hours on a Foundation 5.0.2 project when some of us upgraded to Sass 3.4.0 and Compass 1.0.0 (and 1.0.1). Most are back on Sass 3.2.19 and Compass 0.12.6, which compiles CSS as expected. I'll try modifications to _functions.scss and _global.scss as noted above, but can anyone say whether older versions of Sass and Compass will still work after those changes?

You commented on Charles Smith's post over 5 years

I'd like to determine Foundation 5 best practice approach for modifying sizes for h1, h2, etc. Previous versions of Foundation exposed those variables in _settings.scss so they could easily be modified there. Foundation 5 defines those values in _type.scss within the bower_components directory. Should a _custom.scss file be used to override items defined within _type.scss, or would it be better to figure out how to suppress import of _type.scss and bring in all those definitions from a _custom.scss file?

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content