Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Links not working

By steve

links

ok, I can't figure this one out. I put up some simple code with some links and they simply don't work. here is the experimental page: http://www.scarsdaleaikido.com/contacterror.html the links in the top right for chat - email and the phone number (tap... (continued)

Last Reply by steve over 3 years ago

Replies
  • seo: google picks up nav wrong way

By steve

seonav

I checked the way google picks up the h tags to determine the structure of the document and it seems the nav section pops up in a strange way. as you can see from the image, I have an untitled h1 tag and a subsection of "back" coming up numerous times as ... (continued)

Replies
  • All javascript stopped working...

By steve

javascript

I started building out a simple site: www.aikidowhiteplains.com . Everything worked fine. Then as I added new pages, I noticed some of the old ones stopped working. I had an accordion, an orbit slider and a topbar menu. I copied the original code for the ... (continued)

Last Reply by Wing-Hou Chan over 3 years ago

My Comments

steve commented on steve's post 8 days

Best I can tell, foundation cut the css quite a bit. However, even after you minimize your download in terms of js, you have to use the same js on every page. that seems to about offset the css benefit, at least on the index page. may even be worse on other pages. The page speed suggestions by the google tool seem to be just that - suggestions. However, using pingdom I can tell the actual total file size from foundation 5 to 6, which seems to be more objective. asynch loading of js does seem to help speed, and leverageing browser caching is a bit of a double edged sword. But so far, the foundation upgrade doesn't seem to do much for page load time.

steve commented on steve's post over 3 years

looks like there is a f4 vs ie 11 problem...someone should look into this...

I just moved my links somewhere else...don't have time for this...

possibly, but I am using ie11 and it doesn't work. that is more of a problem...

ok, discovered part of the problem...if there is a class such as class="show-for-medium-up"

then it seems any links in that div or even placed above it on the page do not function.

I am not sure I want to go in and play with the javascript...would there be a way to over-ride it in the settings.scss? shifting from an h1 is a good idea, but the home icon I have floats all over the place depending upon which tag I use. as it turns out, it does not look too horrible with an h5.

thanks...I figured out the mystery...seems the js folder on my site got completely wiped out. I just uploaded it again and everything works...thanks.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • seo: google picks up nav wrong way

By steve

seonav

I checked the way google picks up the h tags to determine the structure of the document and it seems the nav section pops up in a strange way. as you can see from the image, I have an untitled h1 tag and a subsection of "back" coming up numerous times as ... (continued)

Replies
  • All javascript stopped working...

By steve

javascript

I started building out a simple site: www.aikidowhiteplains.com . Everything worked fine. Then as I added new pages, I noticed some of the old ones stopped working. I had an accordion, an orbit slider and a topbar menu. I copied the original code for the ... (continued)

Last Reply by Wing-Hou Chan over 3 years ago

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on steve's post 8 days

Best I can tell, foundation cut the css quite a bit. However, even after you minimize your download in terms of js, you have to use the same js on every page. that seems to about offset the css benefit, at least on the index page. may even be worse on other pages. The page speed suggestions by the google tool seem to be just that - suggestions. However, using pingdom I can tell the actual total file size from foundation 5 to 6, which seems to be more objective. asynch loading of js does seem to help speed, and leverageing browser caching is a bit of a double edged sword. But so far, the foundation upgrade doesn't seem to do much for page load time.

You commented on steve's post over 3 years

looks like there is a f4 vs ie 11 problem...someone should look into this...

I just moved my links somewhere else...don't have time for this...

possibly, but I am using ie11 and it doesn't work. that is more of a problem...

ok, discovered part of the problem...if there is a class such as class="show-for-medium-up"

then it seems any links in that div or even placed above it on the page do not function.

I am not sure I want to go in and play with the javascript...would there be a way to over-ride it in the settings.scss? shifting from an h1 is a good idea, but the home icon I have floats all over the place depending upon which tag I use. as it turns out, it does not look too horrible with an h5.

thanks...I figured out the mystery...seems the js folder on my site got completely wiped out. I just uploaded it again and everything works...thanks.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content