Designer

My Posts

My Comments

Adrian P commented on Adrian P's post over 3 years

That did it...
Thanks for your prompt response.

Adrian P commented on Adrian P's post over 4 years

Thank Salem for surfacing this article.
It not only explains a few key things it also reinforces my own understanding and has allowed me to determine how I will proceed.

I have updated to v1.1 and found I have the same issues.

Is ther a way of using Foundation Apps without using "faoundation-apps watch" to compile changes ?
Can you just inject the modules into app.js of my existing AngularJS application? If so is there a document that outlines this way of working with FA?

I assume that now v1.1 is out this has been addressed?
It is not obvious in any of the documentation

Any update or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Antonin

I look forward to v 1.1.

Have watched the video...whilst informative it did not really explore custom services and controllers.

It seems that there was an issue in the repo regarding the order of files that prevented angular code to be executed in app.js. executing foundation-apps update fixed that so now a controller can be specified in app.js

After many hours of "wresting' with code I am still having trouble with custom services. Defining them in app.js causes the rendering of the page to halt but strangely no errors show in the browser console.

What I am endeavouring to do is port a simple, functioning AnjularJS app that uses the Foundation Angular add-on to use Foundation for Apps.
A straight forward task one would think. It was easy to change out the directives in the templates.. no problem at all... controllers were sorted by updating the repo... but trying to get (unsuccessfully) the services code to work has been very frustrating.

Additionally code included in app.js is "minified" which makes debugging more difficult than it should be..

It would be great if there was some guidance for developers as to how to translate a traditional AngularJS app structure for use with Foundation for Apps. maybe even a development mode for the CLI that preserves a more traditional AngularJS structure to ease development.

Adrian P commented on Clara's post over 4 years

Initially I placed the font file in assets/css/fonts folder with no luck.. not copied to build folder.... I found that placing the font file in assets/fonts ensured the font file was copied to the build folder.

Adrian P commented on dack ragus's post over 4 years

What wasn't abundantly clear to me initially, when reading the doc was the use of ui-sref. in your links to trigger the route change
Hopefully this helps others.
HTML
e.g. <a ui-sref="about" href="#">About</a>.

Adrian P commented on Martin Polley's post over 4 years

I too experience the same issue.. change index.html and file is copied... add a file to the templates folder and the file is not copied.
I am using the foundation-apps watch command.

Note: Using Windows 7 and did experience some installation issues similar to those detailed in other posts... these are now resolved.

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Adrian P's post over 3 years

That did it...
Thanks for your prompt response.

You commented on Adrian P's post over 4 years

Thank Salem for surfacing this article.
It not only explains a few key things it also reinforces my own understanding and has allowed me to determine how I will proceed.

I have updated to v1.1 and found I have the same issues.

Is ther a way of using Foundation Apps without using "faoundation-apps watch" to compile changes ?
Can you just inject the modules into app.js of my existing AngularJS application? If so is there a document that outlines this way of working with FA?

I assume that now v1.1 is out this has been addressed?
It is not obvious in any of the documentation

Any update or information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Antonin

I look forward to v 1.1.

Have watched the video...whilst informative it did not really explore custom services and controllers.

It seems that there was an issue in the repo regarding the order of files that prevented angular code to be executed in app.js. executing foundation-apps update fixed that so now a controller can be specified in app.js

After many hours of "wresting' with code I am still having trouble with custom services. Defining them in app.js causes the rendering of the page to halt but strangely no errors show in the browser console.

What I am endeavouring to do is port a simple, functioning AnjularJS app that uses the Foundation Angular add-on to use Foundation for Apps.
A straight forward task one would think. It was easy to change out the directives in the templates.. no problem at all... controllers were sorted by updating the repo... but trying to get (unsuccessfully) the services code to work has been very frustrating.

Additionally code included in app.js is "minified" which makes debugging more difficult than it should be..

It would be great if there was some guidance for developers as to how to translate a traditional AngularJS app structure for use with Foundation for Apps. maybe even a development mode for the CLI that preserves a more traditional AngularJS structure to ease development.

You commented on Clara's post over 4 years

Initially I placed the font file in assets/css/fonts folder with no luck.. not copied to build folder.... I found that placing the font file in assets/fonts ensured the font file was copied to the build folder.

You commented on dack ragus's post over 4 years

What wasn't abundantly clear to me initially, when reading the doc was the use of ui-sref. in your links to trigger the route change
Hopefully this helps others.
HTML
e.g. <a ui-sref="about" href="#">About</a>.

You commented on Martin Polley's post over 4 years

I too experience the same issue.. change index.html and file is copied... add a file to the templates folder and the file is not copied.
I am using the foundation-apps watch command.

Note: Using Windows 7 and did experience some installation issues similar to those detailed in other posts... these are now resolved.

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content