Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

My Comments

Wing-Hou Chan commented on Timothy Griffin's post almost 4 years

Hello Timothy!

Please could you post some code or a link to the site with the issue? It would help us find the solution.

Wing-Hou Chan commented on Kars Alfrink's post almost 4 years

Howdy!

I attempted to replicate the problem you have, however on visiting your site the tooltip is closer to the element they are attached to compared to the image screenshot you've attached in your original post.

Could you let me which browser you are experiencing this problem on and what OS you are using?

Wing-Hou Chan commented on Michael Adamek's post almost 4 years

Hello Michael!

There isn't publicly available methods of programmatically showing or hiding accordion panels.

I've created an issue on GitHub. It's #6524. Feel free to continute the discussion there, share work (or hacks) that you've done and open a PR if you want to share it and feel that what you've got is suitable for the wider world!

Also you can get kudos for contributing to Foundation: http://foundation.zurb.com/develop/contribute.html

Wing-Hou Chan commented on Nicole Windham's post almost 4 years

Glad to have helped. :)

It may often be a good idea to wrap all your JavaScript code in a document ready callback. This ensures that DOM-referencing scripts will run only when the DOM is ready.

I say 'may' because it's not necessary if you load DOM-referencing scripts after the element you're referencing (usually before the closing body tag). But doing it won't hurt.

If you found a comment helpful, marking it has helpful will be great -- it will help others find answers to similar problems quicker.

If you need any more help, just ask!

You've initialized Foundation too early.

In the head you have:

<script>
$(document).foundation();
</script>

It's recommended that you place this before the closing body tag. This is because the JS needs to bind events to elements. This can only by done once the whole DOM has been interpreted by the browser, which is done from the top of the page to the bottom. If you initialize Foundation right at the end, the whole DOM will have been interpreted and the JS will be able to bind events to elements.

An alternative will be to initialize Foundation on document ready. This can be done anywhere, whether that be in the head or an external script file.

// Method 1
$(document).ready(function() {
});

// Method 2
$(function() {
});

Wing-Hou Chan commented on Jasper Metselaar's post almost 4 years

Hello Jasper!

To call a variable remember to use the $ sign.

For example:

@media #{$small-up} { 
  // Your code
}

@media #{$large-up} {
  // Your code
}

Hope that helps, if you need anything else, ask ahead!

Howdy Emlyn!

Could you please provide a link to the site with the issue, it would really help us find the problem.

Wing-Hou Chan commented on Stylianos Chatziperis's post over 4 years

Unfortunately I don't have the hardware available to recreate the problem you are experiencing. There's not much I can do from that front.

I would recommend that you attempt a remote debug. Use your favourite search engine to search for "Opera remote debug". You might want to add to your search terms: "Android", "classic" or "mini".

Good luck finding a solution!

Wing-Hou Chan commented on SP's post over 4 years

Use CodePen to recreate your site there. Then you can post a link to the Pen and I'll take a look.

IE support for Foundation only goes as far as IE9/10 +. For older versions of IE, try searching the forum for a solution.

Wing-Hou Chan commented on SP's post over 4 years

Howdy!

Welcome to Foundation and the Forum!

Could you post a link to the site in development? It'd help us take a look at what the problem is and provide a targetted solution.

Posts Followed

Replies
  • Tooltip placement off

By Kars Alfrink

tooltips

I would like to verify if the following is regular behaviour, or a bug of some sort: Somehow tooltips are placed with more margin than I would expect there to be below the element they are attached too. I have tried various elements, the effect is always ... (continued)

Last Reply by raj kumar 9 months ago

Following

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Timothy Griffin's post almost 4 years

Hello Timothy!

Please could you post some code or a link to the site with the issue? It would help us find the solution.

You commented on Kars Alfrink's post almost 4 years

Howdy!

I attempted to replicate the problem you have, however on visiting your site the tooltip is closer to the element they are attached to compared to the image screenshot you've attached in your original post.

Could you let me which browser you are experiencing this problem on and what OS you are using?

You commented on Michael Adamek's post almost 4 years

Hello Michael!

There isn't publicly available methods of programmatically showing or hiding accordion panels.

I've created an issue on GitHub. It's #6524. Feel free to continute the discussion there, share work (or hacks) that you've done and open a PR if you want to share it and feel that what you've got is suitable for the wider world!

Also you can get kudos for contributing to Foundation: http://foundation.zurb.com/develop/contribute.html

You commented on Nicole Windham's post almost 4 years

Glad to have helped. :)

It may often be a good idea to wrap all your JavaScript code in a document ready callback. This ensures that DOM-referencing scripts will run only when the DOM is ready.

I say 'may' because it's not necessary if you load DOM-referencing scripts after the element you're referencing (usually before the closing body tag). But doing it won't hurt.

If you found a comment helpful, marking it has helpful will be great -- it will help others find answers to similar problems quicker.

If you need any more help, just ask!

You've initialized Foundation too early.

In the head you have:

<script>
</script>

It's recommended that you place this before the closing body tag. This is because the JS needs to bind events to elements. This can only by done once the whole DOM has been interpreted by the browser, which is done from the top of the page to the bottom. If you initialize Foundation right at the end, the whole DOM will have been interpreted and the JS will be able to bind events to elements.

An alternative will be to initialize Foundation on document ready. This can be done anywhere, whether that be in the head or an external script file.

// Method 1
$(document).ready(function() {
});

// Method 2
$(function() {
});

You commented on Jasper Metselaar's post almost 4 years

Hello Jasper!

To call a variable remember to use the $ sign.

For example:

@media #{$small-up} { 
  // Your code
}

@media #{$large-up} {
  // Your code
}

Hope that helps, if you need anything else, ask ahead!

Howdy Emlyn!

Could you please provide a link to the site with the issue, it would really help us find the problem.

You commented on Stylianos Chatziperis's post over 4 years

Unfortunately I don't have the hardware available to recreate the problem you are experiencing. There's not much I can do from that front.

I would recommend that you attempt a remote debug. Use your favourite search engine to search for "Opera remote debug". You might want to add to your search terms: "Android", "classic" or "mini".

Good luck finding a solution!

You commented on SP's post over 4 years

Use CodePen to recreate your site there. Then you can post a link to the Pen and I'll take a look.

IE support for Foundation only goes as far as IE9/10 +. For older versions of IE, try searching the forum for a solution.

You commented on SP's post over 4 years

Howdy!

Welcome to Foundation and the Forum!

Could you post a link to the site in development? It'd help us take a look at what the problem is and provide a targetted solution.

Posts Followed

Following

Followers