Menu icon Foundation

Developer

My Posts

Replies
  • Foundation is slow for me

By Sven

slowload time

Hi, I'm more of a hobby developer and in the process of finding my way in to a suitable responsive workflow. Now I fiddled with the configurator before downloading and find that the page takes a huge amount of time to load (>10 seconds), no matter i... (continued)

Last Reply by Karl Ward over 4 years ago

My Comments

Sven commented on Sven's post over 4 years

No one have any idea? :(

The 2nd issue I can solve with a workaround, but for the 1st I really don't have a clue of what could be causing it...

I already tried removing all other Javascript I have on that page, but to no effect...

Ok, I think I fixed the 110px issue now too, by adding a div with 110px height for compensation.

Oh yeah: and of course the issue which occurs at around 1015px. Thanks for pointing that out, Ivan.

Hi you two and thanks for your helpful replies!

I've updated the page now and from my side the navigation seems to work as desired.
What I did was adding

[data-magellan-expedition-clone] { visibility:hidden; } 
.navigation{ position:fixed; }
body{ padding-top:110px }

to my CSS and updating the Javascript according to what you wrote.

However there is still one small issue: When scrolled all the way up, the navigation is 110px below the viewport top. I think this is due to the padding I gave the body in order to compensate for the now fixed .navigation class.
I'm trying to fix this at the moment and will post when I succeed... In the mean time, if you have any suggestions, I'll be glad to hear them :)

Sven commented on Sven's post about 5 years

Thanks for the replies. It is a shame that Orbit isn't made for doing that.

I like your approach, Steve, and will try it out!

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Sven's post over 4 years

No one have any idea? :(

The 2nd issue I can solve with a workaround, but for the 1st I really don't have a clue of what could be causing it...

I already tried removing all other Javascript I have on that page, but to no effect...

Ok, I think I fixed the 110px issue now too, by adding a div with 110px height for compensation.

Oh yeah: and of course the issue which occurs at around 1015px. Thanks for pointing that out, Ivan.

Hi you two and thanks for your helpful replies!

I've updated the page now and from my side the navigation seems to work as desired.
What I did was adding

[data-magellan-expedition-clone] { visibility:hidden; } 
.navigation{ position:fixed; }
body{ padding-top:110px }

to my CSS and updating the Javascript according to what you wrote.

However there is still one small issue: When scrolled all the way up, the navigation is 110px below the viewport top. I think this is due to the padding I gave the body in order to compensate for the now fixed .navigation class.
I'm trying to fix this at the moment and will post when I succeed... In the mean time, if you have any suggestions, I'll be glad to hear them :)

You commented on Sven's post about 5 years

Thanks for the replies. It is a shame that Orbit isn't made for doing that.

I like your approach, Steve, and will try it out!

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content