Menu icon Foundation

My Posts

Replies
  • Install sass

By Anthony Hind

installSass

Hi, Please help I have been trying my best to get into Sass and also using the new foundation 5 I have spent most of the day yesterday trying to figure out my issue I have a user antohind with admin priveleges on mac mavericks I have managed to run so... (continued)

Last Reply by Jacky888 11 months ago

My Comments

Anthony Hind commented on Anthony Hind's post over 5 years

Sorry I missed the link to the site

http://www.3d-laser-scanner-hire.co.uk/

<li><a href="#" data-reveal-id="p20videoModal" class="button">Watch Video</a></li>
        <!-- VIDEO MODAL -->
              <div id="p20videoModal" class="reveal-modal small" data-reveal>
                <h2>The Leica P20 ScanStation is available to Hire and Purchase from M&P Survey.</h2>
                <div class="flex-video">
                        <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/2-s581LrNsw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                </div>
                <a class="close-reveal-modal">&#215;</a>
              </div>

<!-- VIDEO MODAL END -->

Anthony Hind commented on Anthony Hind's post over 5 years

Anyone?

Anthony Hind commented on Charles Smith's post almost 6 years

OK that worked OK I was under the impression that it was best to leave the settings file alone and use a custom scss file like _myStyles.scss and then import that and override the styles that way.

If that was the case is it possible to override the $topbar that way?

Anthony Hind commented on Charles Smith's post almost 6 years

Should something like the following work OK or am I missing something

@import "settings";
@import "foundation";

.top-bar {
$topbar-margin-bottom: rem-calc(30);
}

I have imported all the foundation components and would like to adjust the topbar margin bottom but nothing happens is this not the correct way to get sass to function?

Anthony Hind commented on Anthony Hind's post almost 6 years

All sorted I just reset my Mac Book pro to factory settings and reinstalled the OSX. not the ideal solution but I realised I had edited a lot of settings in the terminal a while ago for a university project using GNS3 networking software so maybe there was a conflict with something.

I basically just followed the points on the foundation website and everything worked great I found the video helpful too under Learn > Videos there is a Sass tutorial at the end using the compass watch command just seems to add the last bit of magic and everything looks as it should do.

I just would like to get it running with codekit now and I will be happy.

Any tips or better methods out there guys!!!

Thanks

Anthony

Anthony Hind commented on Anthony Hind's post almost 6 years

Node.js is installed but I will re download it and also re install bower seems a bit strange to keep having to download the files over and over again.

Is there anyway to uninstall everything and start again from scratch?

Any help would be appreciated

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Anthony Hind's post over 5 years

Sorry I missed the link to the site

http://www.3d-laser-scanner-hire.co.uk/

<li><a href="#" data-reveal-id="p20videoModal" class="button">Watch Video</a></li>
        <!-- VIDEO MODAL -->
              <div id="p20videoModal" class="reveal-modal small" data-reveal>
                <h2>The Leica P20 ScanStation is available to Hire and Purchase from M&P Survey.</h2>
                <div class="flex-video">
                        <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/2-s581LrNsw?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                </div>
                <a class="close-reveal-modal">&#215;</a>
              </div>

<!-- VIDEO MODAL END -->

You commented on Anthony Hind's post over 5 years

Anyone?

You commented on Charles Smith's post almost 6 years

OK that worked OK I was under the impression that it was best to leave the settings file alone and use a custom scss file like _myStyles.scss and then import that and override the styles that way.

If that was the case is it possible to override the $topbar that way?

You commented on Charles Smith's post almost 6 years

Should something like the following work OK or am I missing something

@import "settings";
@import "foundation";

.top-bar {
$topbar-margin-bottom: rem-calc(30);
}

I have imported all the foundation components and would like to adjust the topbar margin bottom but nothing happens is this not the correct way to get sass to function?

You commented on Anthony Hind's post almost 6 years

All sorted I just reset my Mac Book pro to factory settings and reinstalled the OSX. not the ideal solution but I realised I had edited a lot of settings in the terminal a while ago for a university project using GNS3 networking software so maybe there was a conflict with something.

I basically just followed the points on the foundation website and everything worked great I found the video helpful too under Learn > Videos there is a Sass tutorial at the end using the compass watch command just seems to add the last bit of magic and everything looks as it should do.

I just would like to get it running with codekit now and I will be happy.

Any tips or better methods out there guys!!!

Thanks

Anthony

You commented on Anthony Hind's post almost 6 years

Node.js is installed but I will re download it and also re install bower seems a bit strange to keep having to download the files over and over again.

Is there anyway to uninstall everything and start again from scratch?

Any help would be appreciated

Posts Followed

No Content

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content