Menu icon Foundation

Developer | Ellensburg, WA

My Posts

My Comments

Lee Honeycutt commented on Lee Honeycutt's post over 2 years

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the response, but my problem isn't alphabetizing. That's already been done.
My problem is controlling the flow of the block grid -- whether it flows horizontally or vertically.
If you think of any other ideas, please let me know. Perhaps it requires a grid besides block, but since each category contains an undetermined number of businesses, this seemed like a perfect solution.
-- Lee

Lee Honeycutt commented on Morgan's post about 3 years

Morgan,
JointsWP is a starter theme that is designed so you can use it to create your own theme. If you don't want the sidebar to appear on certain pages, then just use the Full Width page template that comes with the theme. If you want to remove the sidebar altogether, you could just designate the full width template as the default.
Lee

Lee Honeycutt commented on Martin Kearn's post about 4 years

I had a similar problem with the first pinned column having a larger type size than the remaining columns to the right. This only happened on Google and Safari on my iPhone. Using responsive design width on a desktop browser never caused this problem.

The problem is indeed cell height, but the function recommended for responsive-tables.js above did not work for me, so I simply commented out the original funciton and added the following to the CSS file:

table.responsive tr, 
.pinned table.responsive tr {
  height: 2rem;
}

table.responsive td, 
table.responsive th, 
.pinned table.responsive th, 
.pinned table.responsive td { 
     font-size:  0.875rem;
}

This was the only way I could get text in the pinned and sliding columns to match up. Using cell padding and line height never lined things up exactly.

-- Lee

Lee Honeycutt commented on Elias Sarantopoulos's post about 4 years

Managed to fix it. Firebug kept throwing the following error: "TypeError $ is not a function." Google search revealed this page:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12343714/typeerror-is-not-a-function-when-calling-jquery-function

So in order for responsive-table.js to work in WordPress, you have to replace the first line:

$(document).ready(function() {

with:

jQuery(function ($) {

Works fine, though I still have some styling issues to address.

-- Lee

OK, moved responsive-table.js right below JQuery.

Still doesn't work.

-- Lee

Rafi,

I found a very good video on setting up the Foundation Responsive Table:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXH8wlK3aOc

and as you'll see, it says the .JS file won't work without JQuery present (duh). But it got me to thinking: the theme loads JQuery on line 58, whereas my enquing doesn't load responsive-table.js until line 429.

I think that's probably what's causing the problem, don't you think?

-- Lee

Hi Rafi,

Thanks for taking a look at the site. I corrected the problem with row classes in the templates, and I think everything should be in order. Sorry about that, but some of the problems were in the original theme that I only now discovered.

With these changes, though, I'm still not getting the tables to scroll horizontally. Viewing on an iPhone just shows the table extending far to the right, breaking the mobile frame boundaries. Is it working properly on your end? If so, I've got the worst browser caching hangup I've ever encountered.

As for the missing div tag, I couldn't find it anywhere. I checked each div throughout the code, and the NU validator turned up nothing: https://validator.w3.org/nu/

-- Lee

Hi Rafi,

I dropped the .htaccess password temporarily. Here's an example table page:

http://is.gd/DNBrDO

It's a WP site using a child of the Condon starter theme. Here, I've enqued the JS and CSS files into the parent theme file, but I've also tried it into the active child theme, but this doesn't work either.

I also tried placing both files in the same directory, but this also didn't work.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

-- Lee

So Rafi, I've read a few comments in other posts that people could not get the horizontal scrolling method to work. Is there a trick to getting it working with F5? I've installed the JS and CSS and can't seem to activate the horizontal scroll.

I can provide a website address with .htaccess gateway if you send me your email address. I'd really like to get this working.

Thanks.

-- Lee

Lee Honeycutt commented on Jeremy Englert's post about 4 years

Rafi,

Super cool. I've always thought of Interchange as mostly a solution for images. I never imagined doing this with menus. I'm going to give it a whirl on a current project of mine. A separate off-canvas allows you to arrange the items anyway you want.

Glad to hear you're dipping your toe into the WordPress waters!

-- Lee

Posts Followed

Following

No Content

Followers

My Posts

My Comments

You commented on Lee Honeycutt's post over 2 years

Hi Ryan,
Thanks for the response, but my problem isn't alphabetizing. That's already been done.
My problem is controlling the flow of the block grid -- whether it flows horizontally or vertically.
If you think of any other ideas, please let me know. Perhaps it requires a grid besides block, but since each category contains an undetermined number of businesses, this seemed like a perfect solution.
-- Lee

You commented on Morgan's post about 3 years

Morgan,
JointsWP is a starter theme that is designed so you can use it to create your own theme. If you don't want the sidebar to appear on certain pages, then just use the Full Width page template that comes with the theme. If you want to remove the sidebar altogether, you could just designate the full width template as the default.
Lee

You commented on Martin Kearn's post about 4 years

I had a similar problem with the first pinned column having a larger type size than the remaining columns to the right. This only happened on Google and Safari on my iPhone. Using responsive design width on a desktop browser never caused this problem.

The problem is indeed cell height, but the function recommended for responsive-tables.js above did not work for me, so I simply commented out the original funciton and added the following to the CSS file:

table.responsive tr, 
.pinned table.responsive tr {
  height: 2rem;
}

table.responsive td, 
table.responsive th, 
.pinned table.responsive th, 
.pinned table.responsive td { 
     font-size:  0.875rem;
}

This was the only way I could get text in the pinned and sliding columns to match up. Using cell padding and line height never lined things up exactly.

-- Lee

You commented on Elias Sarantopoulos's post about 4 years

Managed to fix it. Firebug kept throwing the following error: "TypeError $ is not a function." Google search revealed this page:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/12343714/typeerror-is-not-a-function-when-calling-jquery-function

So in order for responsive-table.js to work in WordPress, you have to replace the first line:

$(document).ready(function() {

with:

jQuery(function ($) {

Works fine, though I still have some styling issues to address.

-- Lee

OK, moved responsive-table.js right below JQuery.

Still doesn't work.

-- Lee

Rafi,

I found a very good video on setting up the Foundation Responsive Table:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXH8wlK3aOc

and as you'll see, it says the .JS file won't work without JQuery present (duh). But it got me to thinking: the theme loads JQuery on line 58, whereas my enquing doesn't load responsive-table.js until line 429.

I think that's probably what's causing the problem, don't you think?

-- Lee

Hi Rafi,

Thanks for taking a look at the site. I corrected the problem with row classes in the templates, and I think everything should be in order. Sorry about that, but some of the problems were in the original theme that I only now discovered.

With these changes, though, I'm still not getting the tables to scroll horizontally. Viewing on an iPhone just shows the table extending far to the right, breaking the mobile frame boundaries. Is it working properly on your end? If so, I've got the worst browser caching hangup I've ever encountered.

As for the missing div tag, I couldn't find it anywhere. I checked each div throughout the code, and the NU validator turned up nothing: https://validator.w3.org/nu/

-- Lee

Hi Rafi,

I dropped the .htaccess password temporarily. Here's an example table page:

http://is.gd/DNBrDO

It's a WP site using a child of the Condon starter theme. Here, I've enqued the JS and CSS files into the parent theme file, but I've also tried it into the active child theme, but this doesn't work either.

I also tried placing both files in the same directory, but this also didn't work.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

-- Lee

So Rafi, I've read a few comments in other posts that people could not get the horizontal scrolling method to work. Is there a trick to getting it working with F5? I've installed the JS and CSS and can't seem to activate the horizontal scroll.

I can provide a website address with .htaccess gateway if you send me your email address. I'd really like to get this working.

Thanks.

-- Lee

You commented on Jeremy Englert's post about 4 years

Rafi,

Super cool. I've always thought of Interchange as mostly a solution for images. I never imagined doing this with menus. I'm going to give it a whirl on a current project of mine. A separate off-canvas allows you to arrange the items anyway you want.

Glad to hear you're dipping your toe into the WordPress waters!

-- Lee

Posts Followed

Following

• No Content

Followers

• No Content